VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    I searched MCDegrainSharp & it is supposed to be temporal & spatial.
    Attached the function MCDegrainSharp.

Does it do what jagabo is posting ?
    It does what is written by the author and explained by jagabo:
    Code:
    # Based on MCDegrain By Didee, http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=161594
      # Also based on DiDee observations in this thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=161580 
      # "Denoise with MDegrainX, do slight sharpening where motionmatch is good, do slight blurring where motionmatch is bad"
      # In areas where MAnalyse cannot find good matches, the blur() will be dominant.
      # In areas where good matches are found, the sharpen()'ed pixels will overweight the blur()'ed pixels
      # when the pixel averaging is performed.
    It should be loaded in your script with the command Import(...) and not LoadPlugin(...), or placed in the proper directory.

I found this one but I can't figure out how to use it:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139766
    That's a different (more complex) script/function (also attached). Load it as MCDegrainSharp.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    @ Sharc,

The "interleaved comparison" horseMC_test.mp4 " plays in a pausing slow motion on my PC & BD player.
    Probably because of the pausing but the sky was noisier also.
    This slow playback is intentional for demo of the denoisers. Every frame of the video is repeated 3 times in succession, so one can immediately compare the effect of the denoisers.
    Frame1:
    -1st picture: the Original non-denoised variant
    -2nd picture: the MCDegrainSharp denoised variant
    -3rd picture: the TD2 denoised variant
    Frame 2
    -1st picture: the Original non-denoised variant
    -2nd picture: the MCDegrainSharp denoised variant
    -3rd picture: the TD2 denoised variant
    .... and so on for the subsequent frames.
    Which variant is currently displayed is written on the top left of the picture in yellow letters.
    This method makes a comparison between denoisers easy / more eye catching.

P.S.
    And you can put the basic MCDegrainSharp.avsi of post#76 into the Avisynth+ plugins folder. It will then be loaded automatically.
    I brought the MCDegrainSharp filter up in the hope that it may be better suited than TD2 for your W7/32 system.
    Last edited by Sharc; 7th Sep 2024 at 13:12.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nice comparison, but you should add some shapening after the denoising with TemporalDegrain2 to be fair with the MCDegrainSharp flow.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by lollo View Post
    Nice comparison, but you should add some shapening after the denoising with TemporalDegrain2 to be fair with the MCDegrainSharp flow.
    I kept things as simple and basic for @chollas system in the hope that after countless posts and attempts something (e.g. the basic MCDegrainSharp) may eventually work for him....... without loosing too much.
    Last edited by Sharc; 7th Sep 2024 at 13:31.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @ Sharc,
    Nice demo I should have noticed the changing yellow text.
    The MCDegrainSharp seems to work for me.
    I can open .avs files in VDub2 with TD2 but the conversion always errors.
    Same for QTGMC & some others.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    @ Sharc,
    Nice demo I should have noticed the changing yellow text.
    The MCDegrainSharp seems to work for me.
    Good news.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Now to deliberately confuse the issue.
    I was playing around with MCDegrainSharp a while back. I've barely used the modded version since but it should be fine and it's attached for anyone who might care. The changes compared to the original are:

There's a BClip argument for determining if the source is blurred when the motion match is bad. It's true by default, the same as the original.

The default value for sharpening is 0.3 as the higher value the original used (I can't remember what it was) was too much for me.

There's a CSM argument for sharpening with CSMod instead of Avisynth. It's false by default and I don't know if it'll make a huge difference as I haven't tested it properly yet. It will slow the function down quite a bit though.

The Chroma argument wasn't being used for MSuper. That shouldn't change the output but it'll probably speed things up a bit more when chroma denoising is disabled.

TrueMotion sucks and blows at the same time, so it's disabled by default (as it is for QTGMC and TemporalDegrain2). Specify TrueM=true for more blur where there's motion if you like that sort of thing. There's a GlobalM argument for disabling GlobalMotion but it's still enabled by default.

For high bitdepth video you can specify a lower bitdepth for the motion search if time is of the essence.

Frame properties are checked for color range info and unless it specifies full range the video is expanded to full range for the motion search. Expand=false will prevent that and Expand=true will force it.

MT may have been true by default for the original version if it had an MT argument, but it's false for this version.

I vaguely remember the original version switched to using MDegrainN at some stage. This version still uses MDegrain1 - MDegrain6 so the maximum for TR is 6, but the degraining should otherwise be the same so I didn't bother to change it.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by hello_hello; 16th Sep 2024 at 02:08.
    Quote Quote