Thread
  1. Sand Effect
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sand2demo.gif
Views:	3530
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	31355
    Image Attached Files
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Excellent! Thanks to posting the animation plugin, I'll try it out when I get home.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Works great, thanks....
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sand.gif
Views:	8882
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	31357  

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  4. i recently switched laptop. I downloaded and ran aviutl. When import the file, the option to match resolution is shaded out and I got a message saying failure to read file and format might not be supported. I tried importing files that are in mkv, mp4 and rmvb and I got the same message. I know for a fact all these files work on my other laptop. So I really don't know is it a laptop thing or a software thing. I really liike the program and hope to get it to work. My old laptop is windows 8 hp and my new laptop is also windows 8 hp but a different model.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Check inside the installation folder(./<aviutl_folder>/Plugins/), can you find "lwinput.aui" or "ds_input.aui"?

and under "File>SETTINGS>Import Plugin Priority", can you find "DirectShow File Reader" or "L-SMASH Works File Reader"?
    If these entries are there, make them the topmost items in the list.

If not, get the OLD Version (v1.10).
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  6. I figured out the program. I downloaded audacity and there must be some sort of codec embedded. Afterwards, it worked
    Last edited by Freelife2345; 2nd May 2015 at 22:30.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm having a weird audio problem with aviutl. I import an mp4 with these audio settings,

Audio #1
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 40
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 384 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 434 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 388 MiB (15%)
    Language : English

Audio #2
    ID : 3
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 40
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 124 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 145 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 127 MiB (5%)
    Language : English

edit it down to an avi clip that I then save with aviutl's default audio setting,

Audio Encoding: PCM 48kHz 6ch

I leave both Direct Copy and No Sound unchecked.

The resulting avi has these audio settings,

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : PCM
    Format settings, Endianness : Little
    Format settings, Sign : Signed
    Codec ID : 1
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 4 608 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 1.51 MiB (1%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 42 ms (1.00 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 41 ms

I close and reopen aviutl, click on Filter+, Advanced Editing, drag the avi I've just made onto Layer 1, check the box that says Match imported file, close the Video file[Standard Drawing] box that pops up, and, just as a test, and choose Export as avi. Now aviutl's default audio setting has changed. It now says PCM 48kHz 2ch. I don't have the option of changing that to 6ch. Stereo is the highest it will go. When I save the video and play it, the only audio I hear is a weird humming whirring sound. Could someone please explain what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I've discovered the root of the problem through some trial and error. It has to do with 6ch vs 2ch. Apparently the advanced editing filter can't handle files with 6 channels. Can anyone tell me a way around this? If I edit a file that has 6 channels down to a clip that only has 2, the only audio I get on the clip is noise.

EDIT: Now I'm more confused, because I've since remembered that, when I first used the program, I WAS able to create 6 channel avi clips and load them into the advanced editing filter with no audio problems at all. Does that mean I've done something wrong since then?
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 9th May 2015 at 14:32. Reason: Correction
    Quote Quote  
  8. @Bruce,
    The 2ch thing is a known limitation of Advanced editing. Anything processed through the NLE gets down sampled to 2ch.
    If you must do something that requires NLE, the only way is to edit the audio in another piece of program like Audacity.

If you happens to find a way to output 6ch from Adv.Editing, please let me know... I'm curious how to get it done.

Also, the program can only handle ONE audio stream from source file. You can select which track to use in the L-SMASH Works setting dialog, but you can't have BOTH tracks processed at the same time.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    @Bruce,
    The 2ch thing is a known limitation of Advanced editing. Anything processed through the NLE gets down sampled to 2ch.
    If you must do something that requires NLE, the only way is to edit the audio in another piece of program like Audacity.

If you happens to find a way to output 6ch from Adv.Editing, please let me know... I'm curious how to get it done.

Also, the program can only handle ONE audio stream from source file. You can select which track to use in the L-SMASH Works setting dialog, but you can't have BOTH tracks processed at the same time.
    Thanks, Maverick. I remembered that I hadn't in fact not had any problems with 6 channel videos before. I'd forgotten that I had actually replaced the audio on these videos. The solution I've settled on is editing down a 6 channel video with Freemake Video Converter, editing it down more precisely with Virtualdub, then importing the audio from this file into aviutl.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yup. The audio import function from the File menu does support importing 6ch audio.

Also note that if you set "DL+DR" in the channel layout setting in L-SMASH Works setting dialog, encoded files may all have 2ch.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    Yup. The audio import function from the File menu does support importing 6ch audio.

Also note that if you set "DL+DR" in the channel layout setting in L-SMASH Works setting dialog, encoded files may all have 2ch.
    Thanks.

EDIT: Yep, that worked fine. Tried saving a clip from a 6 channel video, it was encoded with 2 automatically, the audio played fine, and it worked fine in Advanced Editing as well. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 10th May 2015 at 05:34.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Is there anyone using Win8.1 having problem with AviUtl since recent Windows update?
    I saw some more suspicious reports similar to Freelife2345 on some Japanese site.
    I'm suspecting MS has done something to the ACM codec(s) on Win8 and cause the problem... just a speculation.

If you are using Win8/8.1 and having problem, please report here with details.
    Thank you.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using Win 8.1 with no problems. I moved program location to a different partition than windows. For some reason Win 8.1 doesn't like files written in the Program folder. I'm still using Aviutl 1.10 because v 1.11 requires internet connection to install. My editing PC is not, nor will it ever be connected to internet. I prefer a portable version instead.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Well, actually the installer just helps to put everything together. The resulting installation folder can still be copied to somewhere else and most things would still works.

If you move the installation the C:\Program Files (x86)\ , what error would you get?
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't get errors per say, but strange things happen. Like it won't allow me to save presets. It won't do a 2-pass encoding because it won't allow writing the temp log file. Those type of things.

Unzipping it to D: drive works as it should. The same holds true for most portable apps like AvsPmod, Virtualdub, etc...
    Quote Quote  
  16. I've got a question about a couple of quotes from this page, http://www.htasoft.com/aviutl/aviediting.htm

"Open a file
    With AviUtl you can open files with the following extentions : .avi, .bmp and .mpg (for .mpg files you need the m2v_vfp-0.5.25 plug in)
    Just clic on ‘File’ ‘Open’.
    If you open a bmp file, AviUtl will automaticaly load all the files with the same name numerated from _0."

"To join a stack of bmp files into a movie file
    Make sure that all your bmp files are numerated in order, starting from _0 at the end of the name.
    For example : yourname_0.bmp yourname_1.bmp yourname_2.bmp … yourname_3587.bmp yourname_3588.bmp etc.
    Put all the bmp you want to join in the same folder.
    Open the first bmp file, the one numerated _0. That’s all ! All the bmp files have been loaded automaticaly as if it was already a movie!"

Well I just tried that. I renamed a few frames myname_0.bmp, myname_1.bmp, etc., put them in the same folder, and opened myname_0.bmp in aviutl, and it was the only frame that loaded. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  17. @Bruce Wayne. They probably need "placeholder" digits. All my image sequences are like this and it works by selecting the 1st file

e.g
    name_000.bmp
    name_001.bmp
    name_002.bmp

In the adv editing timeline, I usually go right click=> new media object => video file => then click reference file and "point" to the 1st image in the sequence, push ok

If you had "thousands" it would be
    name_0000.bmp
    name_0001.bmp
    name_0002.bmp
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    @Bruce Wayne. They probably need "placeholder" digits. All my image sequences are like this and it works by selecting the 1st file

e.g
    name_000.bmp
    name_001.bmp
    name_002.bmp

In the adv editing timeline, I usually go right click=> new media object => video file => then click reference file and "point" to the 1st image in the sequence, push ok

If you had "thousands" it would be
    name_0000.bmp
    name_0001.bmp
    name_0002.bmp
    Hi. You mean that if you name the files name_000.bmp etc, then selecting just the first one should work if I click File and Open? Or does that only work for you in the advanced editing timeline? What if the timeline's empty? I tried right clicking on an empty timeline and new media object wasn't one of the options.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Make sure you have the "full" aviutl version. You WANT to use the adv. editing timeline - that's the stongest feature of aviutl IMO. That's the main reason for using aviutl over something like WMM, vdub or avidemux. The timeline enables you to composite and overlay things. It enables you to do edits so you can visually arrange and see things

If you don't use multiple tracks or the timeline, use something like vdub instead, it's easier to use and will automatically load image sequences as well
    Quote Quote  
  20. But yes, opening the "1st" image without the adv timeline works as well - I just checked. Not using the timeline is a lot less useful. It's like driving a car with 3 flat tires.

And I usually don't "rename" the image sequences. Most programs that I use will actually use that notation to begin with when working with image sequences - it's pretty much standard convention
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    But yes, opening the "1st" image without the adv timeline works as well - I just checked. Not using the timeline is a lot less useful. It's like driving a car with 3 flat tires.

And I usually don't "rename" the image sequences. Most programs that I use will actually use that notation to begin with when working with image sequences - it's pretty much standard convention
    I'd rather use aviutl than vdub. The only thing I'm still using vdub for is reversing a video. Haven't found a way to do that in aviutl yet. But I'm still having difficulty opening any more than one frame. I'm using a program that can convert a video into a sequence of images, all numbered correctly. They're all in the one folder. But opening the first frame just doesn't do anything except open the first frame. All the other frames are completely ignored.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    But yes, opening the "1st" image without the adv timeline works as well - I just checked. Not using the timeline is a lot less useful. It's like driving a car with 3 flat tires.

I'd rather use aviutl than vdub. The only thing I'm still using vdub for is reversing a video. Haven't found a way to do that in aviutl yet. But I'm still having difficulty opening any more than one frame. I'm using a program that can convert a video into a sequence of images, all numbered correctly. They're all in the one folder. But opening the first frame just doesn't do anything except open the first frame. All the other frames are completely ignored.
    Later versions of Aviutl have trouble importing image sequences, earlier versions do not. You can always create an Avisynth script and import that instead. Here is an example script:
    ImageReader("D:\Temp\FOX%04d.jpg",1,600,23.976,pix el_type="rgb24")

As for reversing video, it's easy to do in Aviutl. Just enter for example -100 Vplay for revesal at normal speed
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	speed.png
Views:	822
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	31676  

Quote Quote  
  23. Image sequence import works, if you lower the l-smash priority in the options (file=> settings => import plugin priority). Tested on 1-6 and 1-10, both working. L-smash will only load 1 image. Confirmed it doesn't work when L-smash is at the top.

If you don't see "new media object" option when right clicking the adv. timeline, that means you don't have a project open. Create a new project first
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Image sequence import works, if you lower the l-smash priority in the options (file=> settings => import plugin priority). Tested on 1-6 and 1-10, both working. L-smash will only load 1 image. Confirmed it doesn't work when L-smash is at the top.

If you don't see "new media object" option when right clicking the adv. timeline, that means you don't have a project open. Create a new project first

Great finding!

I don't know that
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

I have posted a short video on reversing a clip using the NLE:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/205426-Freeware-that-plays-video-backwards

see the 2nd -last post
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I've got a question about a couple of quotes from this page, http://www.htasoft.com/aviutl/aviediting.htm

"Open a file
    With AviUtl you can open files with the following extentions : .avi, .bmp and .mpg (for .mpg files you need the m2v_vfp-0.5.25 plug in)
    Just clic on ‘File’ ‘Open’.
    If you open a bmp file, AviUtl will automaticaly load all the files with the same name numerated from _0."

"To join a stack of bmp files into a movie file
    Make sure that all your bmp files are numerated in order, starting from _0 at the end of the name.
    For example : yourname_0.bmp yourname_1.bmp yourname_2.bmp … yourname_3587.bmp yourname_3588.bmp etc.
    Put all the bmp you want to join in the same folder.
    Open the first bmp file, the one numerated _0. That’s all ! All the bmp files have been loaded automaticaly as if it was already a movie!"

Well I just tried that. I renamed a few frames myname_0.bmp, myname_1.bmp, etc., put them in the same folder, and opened myname_0.bmp in aviutl, and it was the only frame that loaded. What am I doing wrong?
    Just a remainder... any resources on AviUtl that are NOT in Japanese are likely extremely outdated except for those on Videohelp and my blog. Some blog in Chinese starts having new entries, just aware that the info on htasoft site is OLD.
    If you check out its "Plugin" section, tons of broken links
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  27. Further investigation suggest something more on loading image series:
    It only works IF the internal PNG/JPG File reader (and also the BMP Reader, if your source is BMP) is ahead of ANY OTHERS.

Here is a video demonstrating this behaviour

The reason behind this, I guess, because only files imported via these 2 File readers are treated as IMAGE. All other file readers (created by 3rd party, including me) treat the source as VIDEO, always!

The AviUtl SDK has nothing on the IMAGE/VIDEO registration matter, I only discovered that last winter when directly asking the author... to read something as IMAGE, use plugin that is designed for another program: SUSIE !!!
    (Japanese page: http://www.digitalpad.co.jp/~takechin/)
    Image Attached Files
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  28. About the 6ch audio and l-smash - I'm 100% sure 6ch was retained on the adv editing timeline and working before on an older version (at least on Win7 or XP, I can't remember, I'll try to do some tests later if I have time) . It might be l-smash was set to 2ch DL+DR in the newer versions instead of 6ch .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    Further investigation suggest something more on loading image series:
    It only works IF the internal PNG/JPG File reader (and also the BMP Reader, if your source is BMP) is ahead of ANY OTHERS.

The reason behind this, I guess, because only files imported via these 2 File readers are treated as IMAGE. All other file readers (created by 3rd party, including me) treat the source as VIDEO, always!

The AviUtl SDK has nothing on the IMAGE/VIDEO registration matter, I only discovered that last winter when directly asking the author... to read something as IMAGE, use plugin that is designed for another program: SUSIE !!!
    Yes, I can confirm that with newer versions of Aviutl, when opening image sequence, you need to put "PNG/JPG File reader" or "BMP Reader" first as needed to open Image sequence correctly.....
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    Further investigation suggest something more on loading image series:

Yes, I can confirm that with newer versions of Aviutl, when opening image sequence, you need to put "PNG/JPG File reader" or "BMP Reader" first as needed to open Image sequence correctly.....
    Actually this is a hidden problem right from the first version. You observed no problem at that time probably because I didn't drop the priorities for the two File Reader.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!