VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am new to this vcd/svcd thing and I must say this could drive someone insane...

I keep getting this error when I try and turn the Fast and the Furious dvd into svcd:

Fri Jan 18 03:37:08 2002:Warning VBV delay overflows = 1714

The program says that it is NTSC compliant but I still get this problem...

Also, if anyone could post their SVCD settings I would appreciate it...

I used all the guides but the quality is shit... I am looking for settings that would fit a 2 hour movie on 2 cd's, 12 hours per cd to encode is my maximum...

let me know,

Mekhu
    Quote Quote  
  2. errr...

1) 2 hrs on 2 discs is not gonna give you the quality you are asking for. the standard is 2+ hrs on 3 discs....

2) the encode time depends on your CPU. 12 hrs to encode per disc is pretty slow already. if you're getting that, get a new computer or at least upgrade your CPU. celerons and durons are hella crappy when it comes to encoding. either get p4 or athlon.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Not really sure why it takes so long, maybe just my settings...

Can you post me the settings you use to make a VHS quality version of the rip. I don't care if it's VCD or SVCD... I just want it to look good...

Also, if anyone is using a guide that produces GOOD quality without the blockiness, let me know.

Thanks,

Mekhu

PS. Anyone know about my error with the vbv thing?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i got this vbv over flow problem to and there is NO help to be found anywhere on the net to the best of my knowledge. i am ripping lock,stock and 2 smoking barrels dvd in svcd and i get that error (only its 35 for me) i can rip vcd fine i read on a german site forum that ajusting the resolution might help but that wouldnt make it svcd really cuz it wouldnt be 480x480 but i did it neways and still no luck to be found if anyone could help me or this other guy out here please do!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ive tried every thinkable way and still no answer in site. this is really getting annoying. i can rip vcd's ez as pie but i always get the

"Sat Aug 10 18:56:28 2002:Warning VBV delay overflows = 32"

errror w/ svcd's ive been messin w/ the settings and i prob still will. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have also found that this svcd wont play for me when i get the error. it works on other people though. mabey if i had their codec i could play it/get it to work. but i dont know still working on it
    Quote Quote