VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been using the latest version of avisynth 2.6 for many years now. I did not wish to update my avisynth because it was not broken and worked perfectly for everything I wanted to do pretty much.

Well it's beginning to get really out of date and I cant work on HDR, or 10-bit things or use 64-bit avisynth stuff with it.

I uninstalled avisynth 2.6, and I installed the newest AviSynthPlus_3.7.3_20230715. I put my plugins I was using in the older version into the plugin folder of the newer avisynth+ installation and I restarted my computer.

This appears to have broken AvsPmod and it not longer works. I get a bunch of errors about an N character or something. I found out I needed to update that as well so I got a newer AvsPmod_v2.7.6.5_.Windows_x86-32. It opened up without all those errors and seemed to work, but I have a problem now. AvsPmod doesnt work right anymore.

Every time I try to load up a script, it just says "Waiting for avisynth clip" and then it stays like that forever.

In the older AvsPmod and older avisynth 2.6, I could paste that script and it INSTANTLY loaded up and worked great. Whats going on here and why cant I use AvsPmod anymore? I should not have to be waiting for hours to infinity for a clip to load.

I don't even have anything in the script except a basic loader and a preview wont ever even load up.

Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\MeGui\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Encoding\TL\00009.mkv", threads=1)

Whats going on?
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you open AvsPmod and use the File/New Tab menu and type Version() into the new script, does it show in the preview?

If it does, maybe you need to update some plugins. Put FFMS2.dll from here into the auto-loading plugins folder and delete the first line from your script above, so it's not using MeGUI's version of FFMS2 to open the video.
    https://codeberg.org/StvG/ffms2/releases/tag/r1391

You might need to update quite a few plugins anyway, especially if you're using old plugins that only support 8 bit video.

Are you using a 64 bit version of Windows? If so, pretty much all the common plugins now come in a 64 bit flavor, so if you have to update
    plugins anyway, I'd consider installing the 64 bit version of Avisynth+ and AVSPmod, and updating to 64 bit plugins while you're at it.

There may be an old plugin in the auto-loading folder that doesn't play nice with Avisynth+, so you could try removing all the plugins from the auto-loading plugins folder (except FFMS2) to see if Avisynth+ will then run.

When you installed Avisynth+, did you install the version that includes the runtime files (vcredist)? If not, try re-installing it using that version. Some newer plugins require them too.
    https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/releases
    And I assume you know everything has to be either 32 or 64 bit, Avisynth+, plugins and AvsPmod. If you install Avisynth+ 64 bit it should add plugins64 and plugins64+ folders. 32 bit plugins go in the plugins or plugins+ folders, assuming you have the 32 bit version of Avisynth+ installed. You can install them both at the same time, but you can't use 32 bit plugins with 64 bit Avisynth (or the other way around).
    Last edited by hello_hello; 6th Jan 2024 at 03:21.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    If you open AvsPmod and use the File/New Tab menu and type Version() into the new script, does it show in the preview
    No it does not. It does the same thing. It says "waiting for avisynth, thread still running" and it just stays stuck like that forever and does nothing. I waited for 2 hours just to see if it would do anything and it never changed.

https://i.imgur.com/3gceRwz.png
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'd try again without any plugins in the auto-loading plugins folder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I'd try again without any plugins in the auto-loading plugins folder.
    I did it with a fresh install of avisynth and no plugins except the defaults AVISynth+ comes bundled with, and its doing that same thing in AvsPmod.

I even tried disabling what I read here and it did not fix it for me.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/404797-help-with-avspmod
    Quote Quote  
  6. I tried the old avisynth 2.6 and avspmod 2.5.1 by reinstalling them, and those work fine.

For whatever reason though, the new avspmod and avisynth+ just will not work together.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Does version() script hang with vdub2 ? (using clean plugin directory )
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One thing I found helpful is installing Avisynth + on top of the old version. It offers to back it up.
    When/if the + version is uninstalled, it will restore the old version.
    I've tried this a few times, works well
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Does version() script hang with vdub2 ? (using clean plugin directory )
    No, it opens a .avs file that has nothing but version() in it just fine from the looks of it.

If I try to load the video that I tried in my original post, it throws out an error.

After I select OK 2 times, then it actually loaded the video. I could seek through it and look at it.

AvsPmod however has that issue I stated above and will just freeze forever while saying waiting for avisynth, no matter what is in the script. MeGui just locks up all together when trying to load videos, it doesn't work either.
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 6th Jan 2024 at 18:32.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    No, it opens a .avs file that has nothing but version() in it just fine from the looks of it.
    If it works in vdub2, then avs+ must be ok - and there is some issue your megui and avspmod

If I try to load the video that I tried in my original post, it throws out an error.

https://i.imgur.com/50kGUuH.png

After I select OK 2 times, then it actually loaded the video. I could seek through it and look at it.
    This error doesn't make sense as nothing in that script is related to OpenCL

Try running avsinfotool to see if there are any other clues
    Quote Quote  
  11. I think in order to use MeGUI with newer Avisynth+ versions, the AvisynthWrapper might need to be updated.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JfiokTy2IOqOn1VTXN0eXQEDCC3vUdN4/view
    Having said that, if MeGUI is configured to always use the included Avisynth in it's options, the installed Avisynth shouldn't have an adverse effect on it. MeGUI has been using Avisynth+ for it's portable Avisynth for quite a while, although I think it's using an old version, probably 3.5 or thereabouts.
    I've updated MeGUI's Avisynth+ so it's using a newer version, but the log file will tell you if it's using it's portable Avisynth and which version it is.

VirtualDub2 has an OpenCL option under Display in Preferences. Maybe check it's not enabled.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 7th Jan 2024 at 14:01.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    If it works in vdub2, then avs+ must be ok - and there is some issue your megui and avspmod

I have some things encoding using the older avisynth and megui builds I was using before, that are using all my cpu up on the encoding computer, but I will try this as soon as its done.
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 8th Jan 2024 at 20:57.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I think in order to use MeGUI with newer Avisynth+ versions, the AvisynthWrapper might need to be updated.
    Having said that, if MeGUI is configured to always use the included Avisynth in it's options, the installed Avisynth shouldn't have an adverse effect on it. MeGUI has been using Avisynth+ for it's portable Avisynth for quite a while, although I think it's using an old version, probably 3.5 or thereabouts.
    I've updated MeGUI's Avisynth+ so it's using a newer version, but the log file will tell you if it's using it's portable Avisynth and which version it is.

VirtualDub2 has an OpenCL option under Display in Preferences. Maybe check it's not enabled.
    Perhaps you can send me a copy of your megui folder, and I can see if yours works for me?

I will go have a look at that avisynthwrapper as well. I didnt know about it even existing or being used.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder if some of these apps check to see if openCL is active in the system, and something in the setup/enumeration is broken?
    Check this for a quick way to turn openCL support on and off.
    https://community.intel.com/t5/OpenCL-for-CPU/Uninstall-Intel-OpenCL-Platform/m-p/1109710

I don't have this on my PC because I'm using motherboard GPU and it's not supported. If I had a real GPU,
    support would have been installed by the driver

Before reinstalling the driver, probably worth running the system file check from the Admin command prompt:
    Code:
    sfc /scannow
    Last edited by davexnet; 8th Jan 2024 at 22:30.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post

avsinfotool doesnt work for me. It opens up then freezes on "please wait" and the program never responds or does anything, so I have to end AvisynthInfo32.lib process in task manager to be able to do anything in it.

If I end it, and manage to switch to the 64-Bit button I get this.

The 32-bit button just refuses to work. This is possibly an issue since its 32-bit avisynth I am trying to use in my encoder.

I installed both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of avisynth+, so why the 32-bit wont work I don't know.
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 10th Jan 2024 at 23:20.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I think in order to use MeGUI with newer Avisynth+ versions, the AvisynthWrapper might need to be updated.

How did you update MeGui's internal version of avisynth? I updated the avisynthglidewrapper in the folder, but I don't see where or how to do the internal avisynth itself.

Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    vcruntime140 is associated with the Microsoft VC redististributable, you can download/install/update/fix them from here:
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170...-2019-and-2022
    Quote Quote