VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ImageBorders

ImageBorders 2020-03-26.zip

A function for adding images as borders to a video, rather than plain black borders.
    Standard usage is to specify a width and height, and the image(s) to be used for the borders, and the script resizes and adds the image borders as required.

Border = ImageSource("Border.bmp")
    ImageBorders(640,360, Border)

A = AVISource("Video.avi").Trim(476,476)
    ImageBorders(640,360, A, Stretch=false)

A = ImageSource("Elvis1.png")
    B = ImageSource("Elvis2.png")
    ImageBorders(640,360, A, B, InDAR=4.0/3.0)
    Picture courtesy of amaipaipai.

FrostyBorders

Current version:
    Added Mod argument for specifying the picture width/height mod before adding borders.
    Added Info argument for displaying information such as picture and border size over the video.
    There's an included wrapper function so Info=true can be enabled by simply preceding the function name with "i".
    iFrostyBorders()
    FrostyBorders 2020-03-26.zip

Previous version:
    FrostyBorders 2019-07-20.zip

Standard usage is to specify a width and height and the script resizes and adds FrostyBorders as required.
    FrostyBorders(832,468)

For anamorphic sources, you can also specify the appropriate input display aspect ratio or sample aspect ratio along with the desired output width and height.
    FrostyBorders(832,468, InDAR=4.0/3.0)

Last edited by hello_hello; 26th Mar 2020 at 00:47.
    Quote Quote  
  2. This is hopefully just a temporary version to work around what I think is a FastBlur bug.

Link removed
    Last edited by hello_hello; 19th Jul 2019 at 06:45.
    Quote Quote  
  3. This should be a better fix for the mod8 width problem, which may only be an Avisynth 2.6 issue. It's less restricted. See the "Mod8 Width Fix" text file in the zip file.

Link removed

There's also a new version of the standard version of the script in the opening post. Just some very minor tweaks.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 20th Jul 2019 at 07:04.
    Quote Quote  
  4. So it's possible the FastBlur mod8 width problem only effects CPUs that don't support SSE4.1 (FastBlur 0.1).

I don't know why I didn't do it originally, but the "mod8 width fix" version of FrostyBorders now pads the borders to mod8 if need be, blurs them, then crops them back to the original width. The output should be the same as the standard version of the script and there's no longer any output width or height restrictions.

Both versions of the script are in the zip file in the opening post, now dated 2019-07-20.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 20th Jul 2019 at 08:59.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Updated the FrostyBorders function and added the ImageBorders function to the thread. Both are dated 2020-03-26. There's links in the opening post.
    Quote Quote