VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,

Purchased this software the other day. Was originally using the SVCD2DVDMPG and all appeared to work fine.

Purchased SVCD2DVD and I have a Pioneer 344 DVD Player. Using the old software my SVCD's turned out fine, no problems at all. However when I convert the SVCD's with this, even doing the Pioneer Patch, i get the movie on the left hand side of the screen in a small box.. this is annoying i have wasted 4 DVD's trying to get them to work..

Any ideas? it is appreciated.

Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok. so you have a mpg which, using svcd2dvdmpg produced mpgs which you could author ok. But with SVCD2DVD & SDE headers added are not working for you?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    Hi,

i have exactly the same prob.
    The Pioneer Player show a small picture on the left corner of the TV screen.
    But the software player (NVidia) shows the same small picture.
    I took SVCD2DVD (full version).

robby
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So are you applying Pan & Scan info (SDE Headers) AND setting your player to 4:3 Pan & Scan?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  5. h.a.drake
    Hi CB!

Since my last update to version 1.5.1417.26497 of svcd2dvd, I too have the problem of a small picture on the left corner of the TV screen, when I play the DVD in my Pioneer 525. I applied Pan & Scan info (SDE Headers) AND set myplayer to 4:3 Pan & Scan. I had the problem before and thought after reading the history text, this update would fix the problem. But instead of that it became worse because now also VCD-files (not only SVCD-files) seem to be affected. I mixed VCD and SVCD, PAL and NTSC on one DVD, but only one of the 4 movies played as it should (I think it was the NTSC SVCD).
    To my regret I erased the svcd2dvdlog.txt because all 4 Movies played fine on my Cyberhome AD-212 (with setting 4:3 Letterboxed) and I didn' t want to get too much into finding a solution.
    But since I saw that I'm not the only one on this matter.....

Greetings
    h.a.drake
    Quote Quote  
  6. this is annoying i have wasted 4 DVD's trying to get them to work..
    1 tip form me Always use a dvd-rw or dvd+rw to test if your out come is fine cause making dvds isn't a easy process. Lots of things can go wrong.
    Greatings,
    Yf
    Quote Quote