VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been visiting this site for years but never made an account until now. I also didn't know where to categorize this so I am posting it here.

I am part of an effort to preserve some lost media for the show "Zula Patrol".
    It was a show that aired on PBS/Qubo starting around 2006 and was a very big part of my childhood. Currently the show is unavailable to watch anywhere on any commercial streaming service (which is why we are trying to preserve it) however it's airing on a TV network in the US in Utah called Utah Education Network (UEN).

The show will be airing on UEN starting next week (you can find more info here https://www.uen.org/tv/whatson/results.php?search=zula+patrol).Unfortunately I am not in Utah and don't know anyone there, so I am making this post as a last ditch effort to see if anyone here can help.

My goal is to capture the broadcasts (which will likely be in 720i at least, though 1080i is preferred if available) along with the closed captions, as subtitles are not easily accessible for this show. Basically just need to get a good quality capture of each episode that airs on UEN for preservation purposes starting this next week until they stop airing the show so ideally good signal quality is preferred as well (no interference during broadcasts etc).

I am posting here because I know a lot of people here are skilled with TV broadcast capturing and what not (I am good at it but I'm not in Utah so my skills are useless here), and really have nowhere else to turn for this, so if anyone located in Utah is willing to help I would be very grateful for your assistance.

If you are able to help please send me a message (if you wish to not make your location publicly known) or post here (if you don't mind it being public).

Thank you in advance and I am glad to finally be a part of the forum
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by iliketoarchive View Post
    I have been visiting this site for years but never made an account until now. I also didn't know where to categorize this so I am posting it here.

I am part of an effort to preserve some lost media for the show "Zula Patrol".
    It was a show that aired on PBS/Qubo starting around 2006 and was a very big part of my childhood. Currently the show is unavailable to watch anywhere on any commercial streaming service (which is why we are trying to preserve it) however it's airing on a TV network in the US in Utah called Utah Education Network (UEN).

The show will be airing on UEN starting next week (you can find more info here https://www.uen.org/tv/whatson/results.php?search=zula+patrol).Unfortunately I am not in Utah and don't know anyone there, so I am making this post as a last ditch effort to see if anyone here can help.

My goal is to capture the broadcasts (which will likely be in 720i at least, though 1080i is preferred if available) along with the closed captions, as subtitles are not easily accessible for this show. Basically just need to get a good quality capture of each episode that airs on UEN for preservation purposes starting this next week until they stop airing the show so ideally good signal quality is preferred as well (no interference during broadcasts etc).

I am posting here because I know a lot of people here are skilled with TV broadcast capturing and what not (I am good at it but I'm not in Utah so my skills are useless here), and really have nowhere else to turn for this, so if anyone located in Utah is willing to help I would be very grateful for your assistance.

If you are able to help please send me a message (if you wish to not make your location publicly known) or post here (if you don't mind it being public).

Thank you in advance and I am glad to finally be a part of the forum

is this not the show ?? - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Zula+Patrol
    Quote Quote