VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've purchased a used Compro VideoMate s350 DVB/TV card on eBay dating from around 2009.
    My intention is to use it to capture PAL footage from Hi8 camcorders, etc.
    I'm usung Windows 10, and the card was successfully detected as a VideoMate TV SAA7133/35. Hybrid Capture Device, under Sound, video and game controllers in Windows Device Manager.
    The driver version is 1.3.9.1 (14/03/2011)
    I can't find any newer drivers when I Google search.
    Using VirtualDub 1.9.11, the only output size option in the video capture pin stream format is 320 x 240 for any of the video standards settings despite the card having an S-video input, which you would think implies 720 x 576 PAL capability.

I have another capture device, a Tevion/Kworld VS-USB2800D USB dongle which works fine with VirtualDub and captures PAL 720 x 576 no problem.
    I can't find any capture specifications for this card, even in the user manual.

Has anyone out there had one of these cards and achieved higher capture resolution?

Thanks in advance

Rob
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rob610183 View Post
    Has anyone out there had one of these cards and achieved higher capture resolution?
    720x576 and 720x480 for sure work in Win7 and earlier with SAA7133/35 series cards. Win10, no idea. Try forcing DScaler to run. (May need compatibility mode, admin permissions, etc.)

I believe this chip is supported in Linux too. You could try with a LiveCD.
    My YouTube channel with little clips: vhs-decode, comparing TBC, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When in Capture mode, have a look in Video>Set custom format. Is 720/576 in that list?

[Attachment 80999 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. By Jove - you're right! - easy when you know how
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One of the reasons I don't like VDub; too many nooks and crannys.
    Quote Quote