+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19
FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Originally Posted by C.C. 95 View Post
    It's just storage. BDXL is just bigger. No magic!
    And, yes- you could split a movie and have it on two smaller discs.
    I think I should have the capability to rip just about any uber-HD-disc to the computer. (But probably wouldn't buy said disc in the first place.) Then I'd convert it to the more earthly size / format that my Oppo BR decks could handle. But then, I'm not someone who is living in the video stratosphere.
    You can do that.
    Last edited by C.C. 95; 17th Apr 2024 at 13:56.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Good evening,

I wanted to tell you about a problem I've had, so that if you experience it too, you don't panic.

I updated my UB-450 a few months ago to version 1.22 and everything seemed to be the same as with 1.18. I recently burned the movie "The Incredible Hulk" which was Custom. And it turns out that nothing was showing. There was music but no picture. There was a problem with the Dolby Vision. Other recorded movies did work, but not this one. I shit my pants, ok. Until I decided to restore to factory settings. I started the UB-450 again and configured it to my liking. Then.......... Now the movie did work. Watch out for this! In case it happens to anyone.

Bye
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bon Javi View Post
    Good evening,

I wanted to tell you about a problem I've had, so that if you experience it too, you don't panic.

I updated my UB-450 a few months ago to version 1.22 and everything seemed to be the same as with 1.18. I recently burned the movie "The Incredible Hulk" which was Custom. And it turns out that nothing was showing. There was music but no picture. There was a problem with the Dolby Vision. Other recorded movies did work, but not this one. I shit my pants, ok. Until I decided to restore to factory settings. I started the UB-450 again and configured it to my liking. Then.......... Now the movie did work. Watch out for this! In case it happens to anyone.

Bye
    I don't know if this could be relevant to your case, but sometimes a firmware update can bring with it major drawbacks and disappointment. Such was the case with one of my Oppo BR decks. For reasons known only to Oppo (possibly legal reasons ?), a fw update withdrew a former feature of being able to play ISO files directly, as is. Some might not consider that a big deal, but I'm solidly against any such feature withdrawal actions. However I got wind of this in advance, and so never networked that deck with the Internet. A completely effective auto-update block. All that I had to give up in so doing was any use of their built-in gateway apps to streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Video. I had various other means readily available for accessing those services, so this capability was not missed at all. I'm confident that such doings were not unique to this manufacturer or product line. (Like with Nvidia Shield, for another example.) So, bottom line, it's sound practice to vet these things in advance, before you allow that device fw flashing to take place.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi.

I'm having a little problem with my Panasonic UB450.

Lately several Verbatim discs I've recorded stop when the movie goes over 60 minutes (I guess it's when it goes from the second to the third layer).

I have to hit STOP and find the point where the playback was. From then on it continues playing without any problems.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by palestina View Post
    Hi.

I'm having a little problem with my Panasonic UB450.

Lately several Verbatim discs I've recorded stop when the movie goes over 60 minutes (I guess it's when it goes from the second to the third layer).

I have to hit STOP and find the point where the playback was. From then on it continues playing without any problems.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Hello.

No, you have problems when recording. Software, Discs, PC, etc...
    Quote Quote