VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to use InpaintDelogo to remove a timestamp from an AVI file which is interlaced Hi8 footage captured via S-Video (see attached for a sample). Notice that the time changes as the video goes on (not surprising, I know).

I've used AviSynth before, but am having trouble wrapping my head around the settings for InpaintDelogo. Do I need a mask for removing this type of timestamp or not? I've seen some examples where it's used and some where it's not. I'm not really sure where to start even after reading the docs. I do have AviSynth+ and all the dependencies installed.

If VoodooFX happens to see this, I'd greatly appreciate any of your input on this task!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You'll not get good results with InpaintDelogo on such video/logo.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Honestly that's better than what I have right now. Also, the bulk of the video is zoomed out so the timestamp will be less visible in the lower right in a darker part of the frame (the audience basically).

Can you please share the script for what you were able to do with it so far? I see the blur, but like I said, better than original.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by theseeker2 View Post
    Can you please share the script for what you were able to do with it so far?
    Nothing fancy there, just a bmp mask.

You can try something simpler like DoomDelogo -> https://github.com/Purfview/DoomDelogo
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see what happened. You took so long to respond they started another topic with the stab video.
    Last edited by Alwyn; 6th Mar 2024 at 08:13.
    Quote Quote