VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I installed the last versions of Avisynth+, AvsPmod, all the plugins mainly to use this InpaintDelogo to extract hardcoded subtitles after being disapointed by VideoSubFinder

So I tried with this script I saw on this forum:
    Code:
    LWLibAvVideoSource("D:\xXx.mp4")
    InpaintDelogo(Loc="60,750,-60,-16", Show=4, DynMask=4, DynTune=225, DynMask4H=90, KillBlobs=-4, KillNoise=5, DynMaskUp=2, Extract=1, ImgDir="C:\çxxx", ImgInflate=1)
    But I have a message "Waiting for avisynth, thread is still running" and it doesn't seem to stop.

What did I do wrong?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Probably it's working and waiting till job is finished.
    If you don't like this message then deselect "AvsPmod" > "Options" > "Access Avisynth in threads".

To do a quick test to see if it works you can add "Trim(5000, 10000)" below the source filter.

Btw, with "Extract=-1" subtitles extraction is ~twice faster, but you need to install and configure some things.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. It finished after a while indeed.

But it only extracted 26 subtitles out of 1000 detected.
    [Attachment 72742 - Click to enlarge]

How can I improve the detection?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe you are not setting the mask right, cut and share few minutes segment of video where subtitles are in the brightest background [and maybe another segment were subtitles are in darkest background].

You can cut with MKVToolNix, in "Output">"Splitting">"Split mode"> select "By parts based on timestamps", in "Parts" field add segment you want to cut, for example "00:03:45-00:05:45".

In "Input" tab deselect all tracks except Video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I crop the file for test.
    I set DynMask to 2. It now found more subtitles, but still misses some.

Here an example of what text I want to extract, it's not the usual subtitles, but more a description of the scenery/people
    [Attachment 72795 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 72796 - Click to enlarge]

Which setting can I adjust?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You posted images, not videos. And these are not usual subtitles.

Originally Posted by Hakunamatata67 View Post
    Which setting can I adjust?
    I'm not a fortune teller. Read this post again -> https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/410543-Issue-with-AvsPmod-InpaintDelogo#post2699365
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes my bad, I should have been more clear and I thought it would work as the "normal" subtitles as I don'yt know the technical term for these text
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That is not important. Learn how to extract the usual subtitles first then worry about these.
    Quote Quote