VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I dont know if you are around pandy as you did these scripts for me below to blur logos. but how do i move the green oblong to cover logo

I dont know which is best script to use

Code:
      @setlocal
    @set ffply= "C:\ffmpeg-3.4-win64-static\bin\ffplay.exe"
    @set filename=%1
    @rem video width
    @set vwidth=720
    @rem subtitle area width
    @set subw=160
    @rem delogo filter is centered on video
    @set xv=(%vwidth%-%subw%)/2
    @set yv=217
    @set subh=47

@%ffply% -report -hide_banner -v 32 -stats -i %filename% -an -vf "delogo=x=%xv%:y=%yv%:w=%subw%:h=%subh%:show=1"

@endlocal
    @pause

Code:
      @setlocal
    @set ffply= "C:\ffmpeg-3.4-win64-static\bin\ffplay.exe"

@set filename=%1

@rem video width
    @set vwidth=720

@rem subtitle area width
    @set subw=160

@rem subtitle area height
    @set subh=47

@rem delogo filter is centered on video
    @set xv=(%vwidth%-%subw%)/2

@rem vertical position for delogo filter window
    @set yv=217

@echo "delogo=x=%xv%:y=%yv%:w=%subw%:h=%subh%"
    @echo copy above line to ffmpeg
    @echo .........................................................................

@%ffply% -report -hide_banner -v 32 -stats -i %filename% -an -vf "delogo=x=%xv%:y=%yv%:w=%subw%:h=%subh%:show=1"

@endlocal
    @pause
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MM.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	469.1 KB
ID:	46856  

Quote Quote  
  2. It tells you right in the batch file what the coordinates mean. Just change the numbers to match your particular video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It tells you right in the batch file what the coordinates mean. Just change the numbers to match your particular video.

can you show me as Im totally clueless on all this stuff
    Quote Quote  
  4. Why don't you just experiment and see what happens?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why don't you just experiment and see what happens?

ok thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Here's some hints for the second script:

Change one value at a time to see what effect it has on the video.

There are four numbers that you need to change in the batch file:
    Code:
    vwidth=720
    subw=160
    subh=47
    yv=217
    The comments in the batch file describe what those values represent.

For example: vwidth is the full width of the video. The image you posted is 1224 pixels wide. I don't know if that is really the width of the video but try changing that value to 1224. What happens when you play the video?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's some hints for the second script:

Change one value at a time to see what effect it has on the video.

There are four numbers that you need to change in the batch file:
    Code:
    vwidth=720
    subw=160
    subh=47
    yv=217
    The comments in the batch file describe what those values represent.

For example: vwidth is the full width of the video. The image you posted is 1224 pixels wide. I don't know if that is really the width of the video but try changing that value to 1224. What happens when you play the video?

I tried 1224 it seemed to move it to right a bit. also I have now tried different numbers to get the green oblong box to cover over subtitle. tried now 15 times just cant get it right. is there a easy way of making the green box cover all subs in a movie.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I use the Virtualdub Delogo plugin for this sort of thing, rather than AVISynth. I created a brief YouTube tutorial which shows how it works. My tutorial was for someone who merely wanted to remove a sensor dust spot, but the steps for removing a logo are identical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z12TutFSg8c

The Delogo plugin can also be used on semi-transparent logos (where you still see some of the background "through" the logo). When you use it in that mode you have to train the software by playing the entire video first, while the software looks at what happens as things move underneath the logo.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    I tried 1224 it seemed to move it to right a bit. also I have now tried different numbers to get the green oblong box to cover over subtitle. tried now 15 times just cant get it right. is there a easy way of making the green box cover all subs in a movie.
    Some video editors show coordinates in their UI. If yours doesn't, export a frame of your video from a player or editor. Load the frame in an image editor. Then use the tools there to determine the values to use. Assuming the black bar at the top of your sample image isn't part of the video frame:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MM2.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	46858
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I will study all your replies, and see whats best to do, as its very hard for me, as not into doing all this stuff, so Im just a amateur

But many thanks all for helping
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    Some video editors show coordinates in their UI. If yours doesn't, export a frame of your video from a player or editor. Load the frame in an image editor. Then use the tools there to determine the values to use. Assuming the black bar at the top of your sample image isn't part of the video frame:

[Attachment 46858 - Click to enlarge]

Thanks for the info on what each line means. I have made note of that. what part of script. changes how much or less blur the subtitles get
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    I use the Virtualdub Delogo plugin for this sort of thing, rather than AVISynth. I created a brief YouTube tutorial which shows how it works. My tutorial was for someone who merely wanted to remove a sensor dust spot, but the steps for removing a logo are identical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z12TutFSg8c

The Delogo plugin can also be used on semi-transparent logos (where you still see some of the background "through" the logo). When you use it in that mode you have to train the software by playing the entire video first, while the software looks at what happens as things move underneath the logo.

I have watched your tutorial on youtube, but it dont paint red on screen to cover subtitle so Im a bit lost. I also have photoimpactx3
    Quote Quote  
  13. Seem inserting picture works on forum but not on PM.

[Attachment 46865 - Click to enlarge]

With help of the https://www.videohelp.com/software/VirtualDub2 and filter crop subtitle area can be "measured" (efficiently crop video to make visible only subtitle area) and manually place on ffmpeg script.
    Perhaps also delogo filter in virtualdub2 may work alternatively to ffmpeg filter (i assume it may be easier to use GUI with some interactivity instead numerical coordinates). FFmpeg is one of my favourite tools but other tools may be simply better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for explaining that will try stronger glasses next time lol

Btw in your scripts. How can you adjust how much blur to cover subtitles
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    I have watched your tutorial on youtube, but it dont paint red on screen to cover subtitle so Im a bit lost. I also have photoimpactx3
    Your statement is completely unclear: what does it refer to? In Photoimpact you select the paintbrush tool. Then, before you paint, you change the color to pure red (RGB: 256,0,0). You then "paint" over each part of your logo. Be sure to turn off any feathering so that the edges are totally sharp. I covered all of this in the tutorial, but it goes by pretty fast.

Finally, please do NOT PM with questions like this (which is what you did). I don't mind answering occasional questions here in the forum, where everyone can benefit, and others can disagree or point out my errors.

I am not anyone's personal tutor.
    Quote Quote  
  16. You have to export an BMP image from VirtualDub, use a paint program to paint red over the logo, then import that new image into the delogo filter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    36johnmeyer
    Re: help needed IE: Pandy

Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    Your statement is completely unclear: what does it refer to? In Photoimpact you select the paintbrush tool. Then, before you paint, you change the color to pure red (RGB: 256,0,0). You then "paint" over each part of your logo. Be sure to turn off any feathering so that the edges are totally sharp. I covered all of this in the tutorial, but it goes by pretty fast.

Finally, please do NOT PM with questions like this (which is what you did). I don't mind answering occasional questions here in the forum, where everyone can benefit, and others can disagree or point out my errors.

I am not anyone's personal tutor.

I have selected paint brush in photoimpact also changed to red
    That's what I quoted earlier. Also have turned off feathering etc
    But when I try to paint on image. Nothing happens. Meaning red colour is not painting over image.

Also I'm sorry if I annoyed you. REF: PM. I only did that as didn't think you would see my replies in forum.
    You say I am not anyone's personal tutor.

Who has suggested I expected that.

:46jagabo

You have to export an BMP image from VirtualDub, use a paint program to paint red over the logo
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Photoimpact has a layers dialog, similar to Photoshop. You should only be using a single layer for this, but if somehow you have put your image on another layer, and that layer is not selected, nothing will happen. Right click on the image and select "Merge All," if it is not grayed out.

You may also have somehow saved the image from VirtualDub with the wrong number of colors. Select Image Properties in the File menu, or press Alt-Enter in order to see the image properties. It should show "Data Type: RGB True Color (24-bit)." If it doesn't, go to the Adjust menu and select "Convert Data Type."

As stated above, the image should be saved as a BMP file.

Finally, double-check that you have actually selected "Paintbrush." The tools menu have icons that let you select a large number of tools. These are accessed with the little down arrow on the icon. Once you have selected the Paintbrush tool, you should see the icon in the attached screenshot, and when you hover the mouse over that icon, it should say "Paintbrush."

Go back to my tutorial and use the YouTube pause button so you can inspect the Photoimpact settings more closely. Everything is shown in that tutorial.

If you can't get this to work, perhaps you should go back to AVISynth.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PI.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	46866  

Quote Quote  
  19. Or use a simple image editor like Microsoft's Paint program.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to export an BMP image from VirtualDub, use a paint program to paint red over the logo, then import that new image into the delogo filter.

How do I export a bmp image from VD. and you say import it to delogo filter what do I click on

johnmeyer

Photoimpact has a layers dialog, similar to Photoshop. You should only be using a single layer for this, but if somehow you have put your image on another layer, and that layer is not selected, nothing will happen. Right click on the image and select "Merge All," if it is not grayed out.

You may also have somehow saved the image from VirtualDub with the wrong number of colors. Select Image Properties in the File menu, or press Alt-Enter in order to see the image properties. It should show "Data Type: RGB True Color (24-bit)." If it doesn't, go to the Adjust menu and select "Convert Data Type."

As stated above, the image should be saved as a BMP file.

Finally, double-check that you have actually selected "Paintbrush." The tools menu have icons that let you select a large number of tools. These are accessed with the little down arrow on the icon. Once you have selected the Paintbrush tool, you should see the icon in the attached screenshot, and when you hover the mouse over that icon, it should say "Paintbrush."

Go back to my tutorial and use the YouTube pause button so you can inspect the Photoimpact settings more closely. Everything is shown in that tutorial.

If you can't get this to work, perhaps you should go back to AVISynth.

I never saved a image from VD as dont know how to. also the image I used is RGB in properties, and yes I did select paintbrush

I will study your video again. probably I am missing something

EDIT: I managed to paint a red square over a image. clicked on load in delogo settings repair, preview image but the subtitle is still there. so i give up
    Last edited by loa909; 10th Oct 2018 at 05:48.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    it is under File/export/single image. Suggesting export with png or bmp. And delogo expecting support alphachannel so in delogo import PNG. But for your purpose probably whole rectangle has to be red, so no need for alpha channel. Alpha channel is good for holes in logo and BMP doesn't support it.
    Also supposing you will use load under mask properties. You will know if you do it right in preview immediately (supposing)

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    it is under File/export/single image. Suggesting export with png or bmp. And delogo expecting support alphachannel so in delogo import PNG. But for your purpose probably whole rectangle has to be red, so no need for alpha channel. Alpha channel is good for holes in logo and BMP doesn't support it.
    Also supposing you will use load under mask properties. You will know if you do it right in preview immediately (supposing)

Bernix

I dont have export/single image in VD. it says this as when I say ok. it starts to make loads of bmp images on my desktop. like video frames

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    o.k. was in VD2. So choose small segment few frames, or if you are able to choose just one. So run this and it will export just selection. At least should, and Iam conviced it will.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  24. I like to use Video -> Copy Source Frame To Clipboard. Then open an image editor and paste the clipboard contents as a new image.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like to use Video -> Copy Source Frame To Clipboard. Then open an image editor and paste the clipboard contents as a new image.

Thanks that works great.

I just like to point out if I am annoying anyone here then simple, dont help, as I know I have gone on about this. but like I said previous. I am absolutely green on all this stuff, and we all had to learn at some point

Ok a question for john meyer. I have done exactly as you said in your video

Then I open VD open video, add filter delogo v1.3.2 clicked on load where it says repair. but I dont get any subtitles being removed

Last edited by loa909; 10th Oct 2018 at 11:29.
    Quote Quote  
  26. You're probably not looking at the output pane in VirtualDub:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vdub.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	46880

Use View -> Swap Input/Output Panes to swap their locations.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're probably not looking at the output pane in VirtualDub:

[Attachment 46880 - Click to enlarge]

Use View -> Swap Input/Output Panes to swap their locations.

Yes tried output too, but subtitles are still there. not blurred at all so thats it I give up now

thanks all for your help. but its just getting me down now, as something must be wrong all I want to do is blur out subtitles. I find pandys scripts ok. but need to know how to adjust the blur. as i have seen some videos which had subs blurred, and it looked great. but mine dont
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    subtitles are still there. not blurred at all so thats it I give up now
    Is some other part of the picture blurred?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Probably repair is wrong... Have you tried to load it for example to some different. Also you have loaded in repair, but repair is set to 0.0. Try set higher value probably. Used to use delogo long time ago and has no problems. Also you have not selected repair, ticket it

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Probably repair is wrong... Have you tried to load it for example to some different. Also you have loaded in repair, but repair is set to 0.0. Try set higher value probably. Used to use delogo long time ago and has no problems. Also you have not selected repair, ticket it

Bernix

I dont understand what you mean by
    Have you tried to load it for example to some different

also I have tried ticking repair, and you say
    but repair is set to 0.0.
    I cant as its ghosted out stuck on 0.0
    Quote Quote