VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    -I did several tests with the QTGMC and MCTemporalDenoise
    and in cases of high motion shots QTGMC seemed to me more efficient myth with high presets (A more natural result, without seeming plastified) than MCTemporalDenoise

-I do not know if awarpsharp is making any difference here, honestly I do not know

I would like opinions, criticism, if I am going the right way
    The result sounds good to me but I really do not have the clinical eye to know if this could be better, or if the parameters are overly incorrect for this,

If you were to do it, how would you do it?

Code:
    SetMTMode(3)
    DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Desktop\1998 250 Supercross Review.mp4")
    SetMTMode(2)
    vinverse() 
    QTGMC(preset="Slower")
    BilinearResize(width/2, height) 
    aWarpSharp(depth=5)
    Spline36Resize(width*2, height)
    Sharpen(0.9, 0.0)
    AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,0,3).Weave()
    Last edited by Caiosouza; 22nd Aug 2018 at 18:56.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here a result:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. What are you trying to accomplish?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    What are you trying to accomplish?
    I think I'm trying to improve on the original video, was it that bad?
    Quote Quote  
  5. jagabo was asking what in the original video you think needs to be corrected or improved?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    jagabo was asking what in the original video you think needs to be corrected or improved?
    Hi, I have some difficulty understanding the english context of some words, and jagabo knocks me out, haha...But I think he has already gotten used to my jerkinesses

You're the guy who did it:
    [Attachment 46571 - Click to enlarge]

Incredible!

I think the original video contained interlaced artifacts, blurry image, and a grit that only gets very apparent on a big tv.
    I'd really like to know exactly what's wrong with the original video, and know what really can be fixed, but I do not know where to shoot.
    I think the final result seems too blurred, but I can not make more sharp without ruining everything.
    I think I'm learning from all you.
    Last edited by Caiosouza; 22nd Aug 2018 at 21:27.
    Quote Quote  
  7. That video was originally interlaced and it was improperly resized vertically causing the two fields to partially commingle. There no real way of fixing that, about all you can do is more fully blend them together. And when a video looks this bad it's debatable what constitutes and improvement. Maybe something like:

Code:
    LSmashVideoSource("Before-1998-SX.mp4") 
    Blur(0.0, 1.0).Sharpen(0.0, 0.7) # remove residual comb artifacts then restore sharp horizontal edges
    Spline36Resize(320, height)  # about the real resolution of the video
    QTGMC(InputType=1) # edge cleaning
    MergeChroma(aWarpSharp(depth=5), aWarpSharp(depth=30)) # more edge cleaning and sharpening, much more for chroma
    Sharpen(0.5, 0.0) # sharpen vertical edges
    nnedi3_rpow2(4, cshift="spline36resize", fwidth=720, fheight=540) # back to the original frame size, sharp without adding aliasing
    Colors and levels don't look too bad.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That video was originally interlaced and it was improperly resized vertically causing the two fields to partially commingle. There no real way of fixing that, about all you can do is more fully blend them together. And when a video looks this bad it's debatable what constitutes and improvement. Maybe something like:

Code:
    LSmashVideoSource("Before-1998-SX.mp4") 
    Blur(0.0, 1.0).Sharpen(0.0, 0.7) # remove residual comb artifacts then restore sharp horizontal edges
    Spline36Resize(320, height)  # about the real resolution of the video
    QTGMC(InputType=1) # edge cleaning
    MergeChroma(aWarpSharp(depth=5), aWarpSharp(depth=30)) # more edge cleaning and sharpening, much more for chroma
    Sharpen(0.5, 0.0) # sharpen vertical edges
    nnedi3_rpow2(4, cshift="spline36resize", fwidth=720, fheight=540) # back to the original frame size, sharp without adding aliasing
    Colors and levels don't look too bad.
    Yes, this seems very, very interesting.
    But is this a complete routine for the video or just a sharpness routine?

I try it now! I show the results soon.

Thank you eye of Tiger.
    Quote Quote  
  9. That script concentrated on blurring the residual comb artifacts and sharpening. What else are you looking for? You mentioned MCTD in your first post. As you noticed, strong enough noise reduction to make a difference is going to remove any detail that's left in the video. But since you're already using QTGMC, try using it's built in denoiser.

Code:
    QTGMC(InputType=1, EZDenoise=2.0, DenoiseMC=true)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here:

Code:
    DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Desktop\Before-1998-SX.mp4")
    Spline36Resize(320, height)  
    MergeChroma(aWarpSharp(depth=5), aWarpSharp(depth=30)) 
    Sharpen(0.5, 0.0)
    nnedi3_rpow2(4, cshift="spline36resize", fwidth=720, fheight=540)
    Result:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That script concentrated on blurring the residual comb artifacts and sharpening. What else are you looking for? You mentioned MCTD in your first post. As you noticed, strong enough noise reduction to make a difference is going to remove any detail that's left in the video. But since you're already using QTGMC, try using it's built in denoiser.

Code:
    Could this be more interesting?

Code:
    QTGMC(InputType=2, EZDenoise=2.5, DenoiseMC=true)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This, really is very close to what it should be.!
    I can see (obviously) some annoying artifacts in the high motion shot, would this be a good idea? vinverse()

Ps: after play/replay............mentioned "artifacts" is in fact a residual noise...
    Last edited by Caiosouza; 23rd Aug 2018 at 13:01.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Try it and see. I recommend you try the changes individually as well as together and see how each effects the video. The difference between 2.0 and 2.5 in EZDenoise will be subtle.

I suggest you view them at normal playback speed and also with a script like:

Code:
    v1 = LSmashVideoSource("video1.mp4").Subtitle("video1")
    v2 = LSmashVideoSource("video2.mp4").Subtitle("video2")
    Interleave(v1,v2)
    Then open that in an editor like VirtualDub where you can step through frame by frame.

Use a screen magnifier too. Windows' built in Magnifier is good. You can zoom in and see the tiniest details.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try it and see. I recommend you try the changes individually as well as together and see how each effects the video. The difference between 2.0 and 2.5 in EZDenoise will be subtle.

I suggest you view them at normal playback speed and also with a script like:

Code:
    v1 = LSmashVideoSource("video1.mp4").Subtitle("video1")
    v2 = LSmashVideoSource("video2.mp4").Subtitle("video2")
    Interleave(v1,v2)
    Then open that in an editor like VirtualDub where you can step through frame by frame.

Use a screen magnifier too. Windows' built in Magnifier is good. You can zoom in and see the tiniest details.

Yes, this
    Some things seem insignificant on a small screen, but they get yelling on an HD screen
    Thank You for give me a few kbytes of all the power of your fabulous mind
    Big hug!
    Last edited by Caiosouza; 23rd Aug 2018 at 13:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Caiosouza View Post
    That script concentrated on blurring the residual comb artifacts and sharpening. What else are you looking for? You mentioned MCTD in your first post. As you noticed, strong enough noise reduction to make a difference is going to remove any detail that's left in the video. But since you're already using QTGMC, try using it's built in denoiser.

Code:
    Could this be more interesting?

Code:
    QTGMC(InputType=2, EZDenoise=2.5, DenoiseMC=true)
    This:
    Code:
    Was more interestig than mode 2 and 3, these modes broken the sharpness a bit in my view
    Quote Quote