VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.
    I have a bluray of a film, and a DVD version featuring an exclusive scene (the cut of the film with the extra scene is unavailable in HD). What I'd like to do all up is add that scene to the HD footage, and sync the audio from the DVD (the bluray only has a dubbed soundtrack).

At the moment, I have the footage. I've upscaled the DVD scene. I'm curious if there's an editor that will allow me to add that scene in, and reencode with as little quality difference as possible? Most of the ts editors I've seen only seem to support appending clips at the beginning or end, rather than allowing it to be input at a specific point.

I'm working with the m2ts from the bluray, so I was thinking of rendering the upscaled footage in the same format. But I'm open to working with the footage in an alternate format.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you looked at Shotcut? I've used it to splice together sports (volleyball) footage. I switched to PowerDirector because at the time I didn't think Shotcut supported 4K video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by kondoa View Post
    Have you looked at Shotcut? I've used it to splice together sports (volleyball) footage. I switched to PowerDirector because at the time I didn't think Shotcut supported 4K video.
    I haven't, but I'll look into it!
    Thanks for the response!

Shotcut always seems to be 'off' a frame or two. Cyberlink does what I need it to, but saving the output seems to be a paid function. Which is fair enough, but I can't justify paying for something I may only use once.
    Last edited by architectofpain; 21st Jun 2018 at 03:15.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From a Avidemux tutorial video, you can append mp4, but the video has to have the same settings and I think the software is able to redo the video to match the same settings as the ones you want to append to. Never tried it myself.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by architectofpain View Post
    Most of the ts editors I've seen only seem to support appending clips at the beginning or end, rather than allowing it to be input at a specific point.
    All the commercial editors will let you insert clips. Even some of the free ones like VirtualDub. But for the simple editor that only allow appending: cut your main video into parts then append all the old and new parts.
    Quote Quote