VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 75
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, the new yuv plays in yuv player so the input is OK and when it encodes to hevc it encodes at almost 6 fps but the output is still not right. It tries to play but every other keyframe is messed up. I'm still getting the error when the encoder finishes encoding.

My test video is made from six images in Photoshop. I take the psd file and open in Gif Movie Gear where I set the playback speed and convert the images to uncompressed avi. I open the uncompressed avi in Virtualdub and convert to frames per second and save as uncompressed avi. Open in ffmpeg with avs and convert to yuv. What I meant by keyframe was each picture. The first picture is corrupt until it gets to the second picture which looks good until it gets to the third picture which is corrupt until it gets to the fourth picture which is fine and so on and so on.

I was going to try ffmpeg through Virtualdub external encoder like I did before but since I installed a backup image of XP, I lost the command line that I used that worked. I'll have to figure it out again if I can. That is why I'm eager for a working ffmpeg build with a newer libx265. It's the only way so far to pipe x265 into the Virtualdub external encoder since x265.exe does not support stdin.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What I meant by keyframe was each picture. The first picture is corrupt until it gets to the second picture which looks good until it gets to the third picture which is corrupt until it gets to the fourth picture which is fine and so on and so on.
    ok, can you post that clip, to see if we get the same symptom you are or better/worse ?

when i get home, i'll post mine and the param string i used in ffmpeg from last night. maybe you will get the same results.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    @ DarrellS: Steve Borho already said he doesn't want to make x265 accept stdin, BUT
    Min Chen ( aka «THE X265 Man» ) might think otherwise I guess it doesn't hurt to e-mail him

chenm003 ätt 163 d0tt com
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    @ DarrellS: Steve Borho already said he doesn't want to make x265 accept stdin, BUT
    Min Chen ( aka «THE X265 Man» ) might think otherwise I guess it doesn't hurt to e-mail him

chenm003 ätt 163 d0tt com
    did stevie boy say why he is taking this position?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ozok View Post
    @deadrats how did your experiment with ffmpeg build go? I was also planning to write a simple GUI for x264, I thought I'd look at this thread to see if anyone was planning to do it.
    i've been so busy that i haven't had the time to really dive into it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by deadrats View Post

did stevie boy say why he is taking this position?
    As I had said,

Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    So be it, at last I asked Steve Borho:

2) How about adding Avisynth and/OR stdin support to x265 ???
    and this is the answer he gave me:

I wouldn't mind, but we have much bigger fish to fry in the short term
    I *want to believe* he meant "Patches Are Welcome" or something...

BUT I can be wrong, of course
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 7th Aug 2013 at 21:17. Reason: edit
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Build 3cadbb2d0150 available (goto post #1).

This is the last commit that still has the --gops option.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    archive not stable..'please insert the last disk of the multi-volumne set...' error.

so i can keep my home made gui consistant with each built, will the param list be updated with the removed/added params ? i was thinking of building into the gui a list of params and definitions so that when i'm entering the params i can see what each function is for so that i can remember what does what. if i learned anything form x264, is...well, you know what i mean.

also, i d/l'ed mingw (mingw-get-inst-20120426.exe not sure if is latest), has anyone put up a guide on how to compile on their own, x265.exe ?

thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vhelp View Post
    ... has anyone put up a guide on how to compile on their own, x265.exe ?
    0) Download and unpack one of the "full Msys+MinGW packages" from Xhmikosr's site:

http://xhmikosr.1f0.de/tools/

or

http://xhmikosr.1f0.de/tools/old/

1) Edit the file etc\fstab --- for example,

Code:
    #You can use a # as the first character on the line as a comment indicator.
    #Blank lines are ignored.

#Win32_Path		Mount_Point
    E:/GCC481/mingw         /mingw
    E:/GCC481/at-home       /home

#fstab.sample
    #This is a sample file for /etc/fstab.
    #Currently /etc/fstab is only read during dll initialization.
    #I will eventually watch the directory for changes and reread the file.
    #The line format is simple in that you give the Win32 path, followed by one or
    #more space or tab delimiter, followed by the mount point.  Mount points in 
    #typical UNIX environments must be a physical name on a drive before it can 
    #actually be used as a mount point.  In this implementation the "must exist" 
    #requirement isn't enforced, however, it will be an aide to such programs as 
    #find and readline's tab completion if it does exist.
    2) install (or rather, *unpack*) both CMake and Mercurial to their respective folders. Make sure that "Path-To\CMake\bin" and "Path-To\Mercurial" were added the PATH environment-variable --- if they weren't, then do it manually.

3) Create the folder where you want to store the x265 source-code.
    4) Open a command prompt on that folder.
    5) Type and enter this command-line: hg clone https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265
    6) After the download is complete, type msys and press Enter.

7) Change the working directory to "Path-To/x265/build/msys".

8) Run cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" ../../source && cmake-gui ../../source
    9) IGNORE the warning about the stupid Visual Leak Detector thing.
    9.5) Or you can edit the main CMakeLists.txt and erase the lines about the Visual Leak detector.
    10) In the CMake GUI, click the buttons "Configure" and "Generate".
    11) Back in the Msys console, run make.
    12) IF the compiling process manages to reach 100%, THEN type exit, and go test your newborn x265.exe.
    13) Otherwise, copy the compiling error message and send it in an e-mail to Steve Borho.
    [ steve ättt borho d0ttttt org ]

HOW TO BUILD 64-BIT BINARIES:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/357754-%5BHEVC%5D-x265-EXE-mingw-builds?p=2301105&v...=1#post2301105
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 11th Feb 2014 at 06:30. Reason: edit
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thank you! most graciously!
    Quote Quote  
  11. I am impressed how much progress you guys made so quickly.
    wondering if i can be of some use link this is the up-2-date 'repository' if i get things right? the one you used to compile recent commits of x265, formerly and still i guess work of that min chen
    I am no expert in programming, but im gonna try and see what i can do about stdin support

btw, i have recently put together a whole ep. encode ~24min long at 720x400 ( maybe upload it in a while ), but i can only do that with --no-wpp on. Whenever i enable parallelism i end up having corrupt frames of all sorts and players stuck at random points in video.
    My command line was a little bit quality overkill, me thinks that something like qp=22 and in return maxmerge=3 would be real nice too

Code:
    x265.exe --q 20  --keyint 24 --width 720 --height 400 --rate 23.976  --frames all --input "another1ep.yuv" --rect --max-merge 1 --hash 0 --no-rdo --no-rdoq --tu-intra-depth 1 --tu-inter-depth 2 --no-tskip --no-tskip-fast --no-wpp --output "another1ep.hm10"
    also not too sure about intra period

results:
    psnr Y:45.2 U:48.6 V:48.7
    upload click filename
    Last edited by Jacobr; 9th Aug 2013 at 13:04. Reason: upload
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i was not able to compile. i am just not unix savy person, its another world to me. i got stuck on step 1 have no idea what it means. i just want to get it all installed? onto a memeory stick and run it from there, on any computer or netbook or laptop. if someone could create a complete memory stick version, that would be awsome!!

i'm also working on a gui for x265 and ffmpeg (libx265) though lib265 still does not seem to work, so is worthless for now. however, if others want to code one up for any/both and post, that is good too. but please make it drag/drop convenient. i just want to d/d my source into it, (give the input source spec details, x,y, rate, a quick basic param string tempate (so nothing is entered) etc) and encode. otherwise, do what you feel sutes you.

not sure if all would agree, but if we need to compare against something, lets use the strongene lentoid hevc encoder as a base and compare x265 revisions (encodings) to it for the time being.

and if someone is savy enough, (i've seen many topics here on watermark/logs etc) to take the watermark from the strongene lentoid encoder and create a new one that we can import into an avisynth script to incorporate into (same x,y position) when we create our raw yuv source to encode form, the watermark will be in the same place as strongene lentoid's. then we can compare the two. the reason i suggest theirs is because it is the simplest to setup and encode with, i was not able to get the other two competiter hevc encoders to work. post the method / steps so all can use.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Edit...
    Last edited by Trepack; 9th Aug 2013 at 13:15.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Up-to-date whit commits 83def50

x265 version 0.3+236-83def5041252--GCC_4.8.1

Regards
    Last edited by Trepack; 9th Aug 2013 at 20:42. Reason: Changed link
    Quote Quote  
  15. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM

i got stuck on step 1, I have no idea what it means.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gcc-setup.png
Views:	3575
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	19274  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    this is the archive i d/l'ed to my mem stick, and then used 7z's copy-to function to the mem stick as g:\tools drive

"MSYS_MinGW-w64_GCC_481_x86-x64_Full.7z"

etc\fstab and at-home folders do not exist in the created folders. i did see a etc\fstab.sample file though. i did not run any install or other program. just copied everything over via 7z. i will look again at it when i get home. its my pizza night, fridays..

edit: wait, i have the mem stick with me..give me a moment..

Last edited by vhelp; 9th Aug 2013 at 14:38.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    this is the archive i d/l'ed to my mem stick, and then used 7z's copy-to function to the mem stick as g:\tools drive

"MSYS_MinGW-w64_GCC_481_x86-x64_Full.7z"

etc\fstab and at-home folders do not exist in the created folders. i did see a etc\fstab.sample file though. i did not run any install or other program. just copied everything over via 7z. i will look again at it when i get home. its my pizza night, fridays..
    Edit your fstab.sample and save it as fstab well
    Code:
    g:/tools/MSYS/mingw    /mingw
    g:/tools/MSYS/home    /home
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    in the image i posted of the folder, there is no ../home folder

maybe "MSYS_MinGW-w64_GCC_481_x86-x64_Full.7z" is incomplete ? .. doesn't have all the folders ?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    in the image i posted of the folder, there is no ../home folder

maybe "MSYS_MinGW-w64_GCC_481_x86-x64_Full.7z" is incomplete ? .. doesn't have all the folders ?
    When you create the file fstab a run msys.bat your home directory is created...

And will be in your user folder Inside you'll of this you can put the x265 directory if you want or run in terminal...

Code:
    hg clone https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265
    If you already have Mercurial

if you want to know if there are changes in the code run
    Code:
    cd x265
    hg pull
    if any will be seen in the terminal and will only have to run

Code:
    hg update
    Last edited by Trepack; 9th Aug 2013 at 14:52. Reason: Insert command
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok, i made the change in file 'fstab.sample' and saved as 'fstab' with the following:

Code:
    #Win32_Path             Mount_Point
    #c:/mingw               /mingw
    #c:/ActiveState/perl    /perl

g:/tools/MYSYS/mingw    /mingw
    g:/tools/MYSYS/home     /home
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    ok, i made the change in file 'fstab.sample' and saved as 'fstab' with the following:

Code:
    #c:/mingw               /mingw
    #c:/ActiveState/perl    /perl

g:/tools/MYSYS/mingw    /mingw
    g:/tools/MYSYS/home     /home
    Ok compile test if you already have Mercurial or Tortoisehg and the source code downloaded

Code:
    cd x265/build/msys
    cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" ../../source && cmake-gui ../../source
    In the CMake GUI, click the buttons "Configure" and "Generate" close it when finished and run...

Code:
    make
    when finished go into x265/build/msys directory and the file x265.exe will be within,should if everything was fine
    Last edited by Trepack; 9th Aug 2013 at 15:51.
    Quote Quote  
  22. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Jacobr, thanks a lot for yet another sample encode

Originally Posted by Jacobr View Post
    btw, i have recently put together a whole ep. encode ~24min long at 720x400 ( maybe upload it in a while ), but i can only do that with --no-wpp on. Whenever i enable parallelism i end up having corrupt frames of all sorts and players stuck at random points in video.
    Thanks for the information. Also for the record, my "zeroth" test encode with x265.exe (actually, my first attempt to encode the Sintel Trailer) used "--bframes" and the result was jerky playback (1 "hiccup" every second)
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jacobr View Post
    I am impressed how much progress you guys made so quickly.
    wondering if i can be of some use link this is the up-2-date 'repository' if i get things right? the one you used to compile recent commits of x265, formerly and still i guess work of that min chen
    I am no expert in programming, but im gonna try and see what i can do about stdin support

My command line was a little bit quality overkill, me thinks that something like qp=22 and in return maxmerge=3 would be real nice too

Code:
    x265.exe --q 20  --keyint 24 --width 720 --height 400 --rate 23.976  --frames all --input "another1ep.yuv" --rect --max-merge 1 --hash 0 --no-rdo --no-rdoq --tu-intra-depth 1 --tu-inter-depth 2 --no-tskip --no-tskip-fast --no-wpp --output "another1ep.hm10"
    also not too sure about intra period

results:
    psnr Y:45.2 U:48.6 V:48.7
    upload click filename
    Thank you very much. I've been beating my head against a wall for a couple of weeks now trying to get a successful encode. Even installing a backup image of my boot drive thinking it was corrupt. Adding --no-wpp seemed to do the trick.

I'm still getting a crash in x265.exe every time the encoder finishes. Don't know what to do to keep that from happening. Running XP Pro SP3 on P35 MB with Q6600 and 4GB memory.

I used your commandline on build0.3-161

Stdin support would really be great.

By the way, I found a newer Lentoid decoder on their website. I thought maybe that was my problem with playback but seems it was the wpp.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i don't remember any crashes after encodes with x265 from jeeb. i'll have to double-check that.

are they crashing on any length (30 frames, 1000 frames, for instance) videos ?

also, fyi..when you post to outside websites, some organizations block from d/l'ing. mine blocks everything, even images..unless they are posted here.
    Quote Quote  
  25. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
    Thank you very much. I've been beating my head against a wall for a couple of weeks now trying to get a successful encode. Even installing a backup image of my boot drive thinking it was corrupt. Adding --no-wpp seemed to do the trick.
    Time for an overdue "mea culpa" I'm still using my very-first build, in which --wpp is disabled by default, and I didn't know they had changed --wpp to "enabled by default" with the commit b1b84e8 (2013/08/01)

I'm still getting a crash in x265.exe every time the encoder finishes. Don't know what to do to keep that from happening.
    Running XP Pro SP3......
    That problem started with the commit fabc072, when they removed the --gops option from the encoder. Of course they did it in a very-wrong way The crash also means the last frame is not encoded, i.e., it's dropped And oh BTW, it also seems they still don't know very well what they're doing...

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/357611-MulticoreWare-Annouces-x265-HEVC-Mission-Sta...60#post2259260
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 9th Aug 2013 at 16:54. Reason: disambiguation
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still getting a crash in x265.exe every time the encoder finishes. Don't know what to do to keep that from happening. Running XP Pro SP3 on P35 MB with Q6600 and 4GB memory.

To fix the crash at the end of encoding, open the file source\Lib\TLibEncoder\TEncTop.cpp, go to line 99 and change
    delete [] m_GOPEncoder;
    to
    delete m_GOPEncoder;

That's all. While we are at it, there is also another bug that occurs when the file size of the input file exceeds the limits of integer representation. It manifests itself as negative number of frames to process and also negative eta in the information messages. To fix it, open source\input\yuv.cpp, go to line 55 and change
    return (int)(size - cur) / (width * height * pixelbytes * 3 / 2);
    to
    return (unsigned)(size - cur) / (width * height * pixelbytes * 3 / 2);

The same may have to be applied on the file source\input\y4m.cpp, line 187 (Y4MInput::guessFrameCount() method), but I don't have a y4m file readily available to test

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i was not able to compile. i am just not unix savy person, its another world to me. i got stuck on step 1 have no idea what it means. i just want to get it all installed? onto a memeory stick and run it from there, on any computer or netbook or laptop. if someone could create a complete memory stick version, that would be awsome!!

i'm also working on a gui for x265 and ffmpeg (libx265) though lib265 still does not seem to work, so is worthless for now. however, if others want to code one up for any/both and post, that is good too. but please make it drag/drop convenient. i just want to d/d my source into it, (give the input source spec details, x,y, rate, a quick basic param string tempate (so nothing is entered) etc) and encode. otherwise, do what you feel sutes you.

not sure if all would agree, but if we need to compare against something, lets use the strongene lentoid hevc encoder as a base and compare x265 revisions (encodings) to it for the time being.

and if someone is savy enough, (i've seen many topics here on watermark/logs etc) to take the watermark from the strongene lentoid encoder and create a new one that we can import into an avisynth script to incorporate into (same x,y position) when we create our raw yuv source to encode form, the watermark will be in the same place as strongene lentoid's. then we can compare the two. the reason i suggest theirs is because it is the simplest to setup and encode with, i was not able to get the other two competiter hevc encoders to work. post the method / steps so all can use.
    I've created a few bat files and an avs file to make each step of the process easier for me. Since it's easier not to have to worry about resolution in the source video, I use y4m.

1. AVS script to open avi file... AVISource("C:\input-directory\input.avi")
    2. AVS2Y4M.bat to create y4m file... avs2yuv.exe C:\input-directory\input.avs -o input.y4m
    3. x265.bat to create .hm10 file... x265.exe --q 20 --keyint 24 --frames all --input "input.y4m" --rect --max-merge 1 --hash 0 --no-rdo --no-rdoq --tu-intra-depth 1 --tu-inter-depth 2 --no-tskip --no-tskip-fast --no-wpp --output "output.hm10"
    4. mpc-hc.bat to playback finished .hm10 file... mpc-hc.exe "output.hm10"

You could create a batch file to run all the bat files one after the other.

I have avs2yuv.exe, cmd.exe, ffmpeg.exe, ffplay.exe (to test the y4m file), mpc-hc.exe, x265.exe, input.avs, avs2y4m.bat, ffplay.bat (to test the y4m file), x265.bat, mpc-hc.exe and the input.avi, input.y4m and output.hm10 all in the same folder.

As soon as we get Stdin, we can just use Virtualdub as the GUI but a simple GUI would be nice. I'm sure Selur will implement it in his Hybrid program also when we have Stdin.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Vid01 View Post

To fix the crash at the end of encoding, open the file source\Lib\TLibEncoder\TEncTop.cpp, go to line 99 and change
    delete [] m_GOPEncoder;
    to
    delete m_GOPEncoder;

That's all. While we are at it, there is also another bug that occurs when the file size of the input file exceeds the limits of integer representation. It manifests itself as negative number of frames to process and also negative eta in the information messages. To fix it, open source\input\yuv.cpp, go to line 55 and change
    return (int)(size - cur) / (width * height * pixelbytes * 3 / 2);
    to
    return (unsigned)(size - cur) / (width * height * pixelbytes * 3 / 2);

The same may have to be applied on the file source\input\y4m.cpp, line 187 (Y4MInput::guessFrameCount() method), but I don't have a y4m file readily available to test

Hope this helps.
    I've changed the link to the latest version in my post including these arrangements

Up-to-date whit commits 83def50

Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
  29. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    @ Vid01: Grazie mille

@ Trepack: thanks for the fixed build, gonna test it A.S.A.P.

Besides, I intend to run an "overdue update" on that dubious PDF as well...
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    This is a file Y4M in case anyone wants to try.

example.y4m

And if someone wants to save a file with the coding results, include this in the x265 command...

Code:
    --csv results.csv
    A spreadsheet was created and filled every time you make a coding

EDIT: Confirm that the two problems were solved, thank you very much @ Vid01
    Last edited by Trepack; 9th Aug 2013 at 18:42.
    Quote Quote