VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi., pls share your knowledge abt this.

Is it possible to resize a video file (width x height) to a figure larger than the source input?

Ex: I have 768x432, I want to re-encode and resize to 1280x720

I have been using MeGui, and it doesn't seem like able to do that job.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it's possible to upscale but you wont get any real HD.

I don't use megui but I think you can adjust the avisynth script and you might also want to add some upscaling filters. Google avisynth upscaling.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, you can resize with megui, if you open avs script creator. It will use lanzcosresize of avisynth which you can change.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Yes, it's possible to upscale but you wont get any real HD.

I don't use megui but I think you can adjust the avisynth script and you might also want to add some upscaling filters. Google avisynth upscaling.
    Originally Posted by epsilonalpha View Post
    Yes, you can resize with megui, if you open avs script creator. It will use lanzcosresize of avisynth which you can change.
    Now I notice upon opening avs script creator, in filter tab, the resize filter choice is ,by default, Lanczos (sharp).

However, it doesnt allow me to upscale. Is there any additional script/filter I might need?

thank for your reply.
    Last edited by darkw1zard; 18th Oct 2011 at 16:18.
    Quote Quote  
  5. how does it "does not allow you to rescale"? just put your desired size on the corresponding box, it could not be easier.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by epsilonalpha View Post
    how does it "does not allow you to rescale"? just put your desired size on the corresponding box, it could not be easier.
    it set the max number to the my input size.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hmm seems like a bug, or maybe it's by design, I never bothered to upscale so I didn't know that, sorry.

However, if you edit it on the script tab, it works fine. e.g. changing LanczosResize(768,432) to LanczosResize(1280,720)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it set the max number to the my input size. [/QUOTE]

That may be because you are targeting a specific profile/level. I believe that main/3.1 (for example) has a maximum resolution of 720x576.

...or not. Just a guess.

--

Bill Caulfield
    metroencoding.com
    Quote Quote