VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I have a couple of QuickTime movies and mpegs and need to put them into DVD. The thing is, one of them is very good quality and the others rather fair. I put them all in Toast 10, set the encoding parameters to the best quality, and the HQ movie ends up not so good in the DVD. As if the lesser quality files "drag it down"...I say this because when I encode only the HQ movie and play the DVD, the quality is fine. Is there a way to encode all movies and the resulting DVD coming out with each movie as good or as bad as it came in ?
    Thanks,
    Wendy ? I'm home !
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think you can adjust separate bitrates(quality settings) for different clips in toast. So you have to use a separate mpeg2 dvd converter where you can adjust settings for each clip, maybe ffmpegx or avidemux and then import in toast and hope it doesn't reconvert again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick,
    but...I really don't want different quality settings for each clip...what I want is, if a clip is very good on Quicktime player, to come out very good on the DVD, and if a clip is fair or bad, well, to look likewise on the DVD. What happens is that the good clip/clips look worse after encoding, even if the quality set to maximum. Shouldn't Toast deliver a simple request as this ?
    Regards,
    Wendy ? I'm home !
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How many minutes are you trying to put on one dvd? If too many(above 2 hours) it wont be that good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh it is ridiculously short...around 10 minutes. I make a DVD just for the convenience of the person who has to see it. Either Toast or I are doing something wrong, since the mpeg looks great on QT and pixelated and a bit blurry once encoded to DVD with highest quality settings.
    Wendy ? I'm home !
    Quote Quote