VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok just backed up Terabithia to hard drive using DVDFab 6. The only problem is that the 1st vob appears to be in 4:3 or somewhere in the neighborhood. The rest are all proper widescreen.

The DVD is not like this. I looked at the IFO files and I'm not very good at interpreting them but they look normal. How is what I'm describing possible?

Any suggestions? If you'd like any of the IFO's posted please let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What happens when you play it as a DVD, like with PowerDVD and not just clicking on a VOB to play it as a file? The DVD plays fine, doesn't it? What do you plan on doing with it, now that it's on the hard drive?
    How is what I'm describing possible?
    The extras are widescreen 4:3, although I don't know if that's what you're seeing.

You could open that one VOB in DGIndex, run the Preview, and see if it agrees with you about it being 4:3. Or open it in GSpot.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Gspot says 4:3 as does MPC. I wonder if I erroneously messed something up with DVDFab when I was ripping? I can't seem to match up the entries in DVDFab with which vob's they go with. Some say 4:3, others 16:9.

This is really strange because on the disk it's one title and when DVDFab breaks it up into the 1GB chunks it makes the first one 4:3 and the rest 16:9

The kids will eventually scratch the orig all up and I'll use the backup to burn a new one.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I would burn a DVD and see what it looks like on your TV.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by silver007
    The kids will eventually scratch the orig all up and I'll use the backup to burn a new one.
    A DVD backup? That's what DVDFab does? If so, and if it plays fine as a DVD when using a software DVD player, then I'd do as MOVIEGEEK suggested and burn it to disc and test it in the standalone.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ok I burned it and it plays correctly on the TV, although Gspot and MPC say it's 4:3, and it plays as 4:3 in MPC!

Weird. This still bothers me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by silver007
    This still bothers me.
    As long as the IFO says 16:9 that's all that matters. Most players take the DAR from the IFOs and not the VOBs.
    Quote Quote  
  8. All the ifo's say 16:9, but some of them say letterbox and some say pan scan for the Title. Nuts I tell ya.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If it bothers you then use IFOEdit to change the letterbox and pan & scan settings.

Quote Quote