VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how can i extract the audio from a dvd menu or simply record it? i'd rather not record it using the microphone on my laptop. a direct line that would produce a clean track is what i'm looking for. anyone know of a program that can record it directly from the dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    pgcdemux, https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=313743 , the step about demuxing. You should then get an audio file like .ac3 that you can convert to wav using for example belight.

Or play it and record with something like total recorder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DGDecode can rip the audio out of any vob on your DVD.
    Can cut to any point...I use it for title audio also.

I use HeadAC3he for wave conversion.
    The Devil`s always.....in the Details!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried pcgdemux and had no luck. i thought it worked right off the bat, but when i played the resulting file, it was full of clicks. i switched to your other suggestion of total recorder and all went well - after i tried a bunch of players willing to play a dvd without lag on my system. media player classic is great by the way...power dvd sucks.
    anyway, while i still had the file open in total recorder, i tried playing a saved copy in itunes and it came out with all kinds of clicks in it, but once i closed total recorder, the saved wav played perfectly in every player i tried it in. thanks for the help. later.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The clicks are associated with the demuxing of the audio from several vobs as a single file ... while this should have no affect upon the main title , it dose when it come's down to menu's ...

You should demux menu vob as a separate file only after the menu has been disassembled ... some are simple , other's are not .

Pgcdemux should be capable of doing this work , but then you need to figure out the required setting's according to the structure implemented .
    Quote Quote