VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to burn .avi files onto a DVD.. however, when i do so, using Nero 7, the sound is off about 5 seconds of delay..

i have no idea why its doing this.. it works fine on my computer..

any help, would be appreciated..
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If the amount of sync error is the same throughout the length of the video, you can add a audio offset + or - to the AVI before encoding, using VirtualDub. Or you can save out the audio as a WAV with VD and encode it to to AC3 with a program like ffmpeggui and combine it back with the video when authoring. Nero is not that great of encoder, you might try TMPGEnc or a freeware encoder like QuEnc.

Or try ConvertXToDVD if you want an easy method that will work with most AVI files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks.. i tried using ConvertXToDVD, however.. it said "error on frame ####", where #'s are numbers.. through the process. and it skips.. every 2-10 seconds.. but the sound is in sync otherwise..

ill try Quenc, thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you are getting errors, that could explain the sync problem. Missing or corrupted frames can do that. A software player may be able to ignore them, but not a encoder or a standalone player.

You might want to drop the AVI in VirtualDub Mod and 'Scan video stream for errors'.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when i try to put the avi into the VirtualDub Mod.. it says the header is damaged and wont work.
    Quote Quote