VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Source is some home videos I had burned to DVD, and have managed to lose the original files that I generated from. I can pull them off easily enough (since I obviously didn't bother to encrypt them), and then I have my VOB files which I could just rename as MPEG2 and be done with it. However, I want to be able to play them back on our TiVO, and that requires that the audio be in MP-II rather than AC3. I load the file and select to create an index. I then setup the following in Avidemux:

Video set to DVD
    Configure-
    Two Pass
    Size:
    7000 megs (any way to tell it not to care about size?)
    Interlacing:
    Progrssive
    Aspect Ratio:
    4:3
    Matrix:
    GopSize:
    MaxBitrate:

V Process is selected

Audio set to FFm MP2
    Configure-
    Bitrate:
    128kbits
    Mode:
    Stereo

A Process is selected

Outp fmt:
    Mpeg A+V (PS)

When I then click the Save button, I see the video size of the file growing, but nothing for audio. Since this would run for quite some time, I'd like to find out if this is an indication that I still have something setup wrong, or if I'm just giving up before the audio conversion starts happening?

My AVIDemux is from the Kubuntu repository, and shows as version 2.0.40

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do this all the time. When it save the clip it will already be encoded with the audio. Let the file size get above 100M (On seconf pass) and while it's encoding you can check the output by playing it in zine ot mplayer(Rember this isn't windows and you can play your clip while encodeing). It wont play the whole clip but at least you can check your process. This way if somthing goes wrong you can stop it and restart it before you wast a lot of time and then change your setting and start again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Rember this isn't windows and you can play your clip while encodeing
    One of the many great features of Linux!
    Quote Quote