VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got a trojan.moo virus, or at least that is what Norton picked up. Couldn't delete it or anything. Now my Network Connections seems a bit f'ed...I tried to disable the internet so I could do a virus scan. It wouldn't let me disable anything. Here's the message I get
    SmileSmile
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

You can always unplug the usb or lan cable.....

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    You can always unplug the usb or lan cable.
    I agree with Yoda. Pull the ethernet cable out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would also agree with yoda.

Or you can start your PC in safe mode.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I understand that I can do that...but I wanna know why I can't disable it by right-clicking? It's not happening anymore, not sure why it did it before. Just looking for the cause of this message.
    SmileSmile
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it'a an integrated card, you should be able to disable it through BIOS.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Basically, when I defrag or scan for viruses or spyware, I disconnect from the internet. I do so simply by right-clicking on the icon and disable. When it's finished running through, I turn it back on. My reason for this...I don't know...thought I heard somewhere it was a good idea so I've been doing that forever. All of a sudden I can't...for no reason...

So...I posted the little message it gave me and just wondered if anyone experienced anything similar and if they did if they knew the reason for it. It's somehow fixed itself, but I just want to make sure it won't happen again which is why I'm now looking for the cause
    SmileSmile
    Quote Quote