VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. In general I like MemoriesOnTV. But, amongst several bugs, there's one that
    IMO completely spoils otherwise good looking DVDs. A typical example is shown in these two screenshots.

The first shows the caption entered, which looks fine. The second shows how ugly it is when previewed or presented. Changing font size makes no difference. Oddly, it seems to be particularly bad with black text; white looks pretty good.

Do other MoT users feel the same? Or have any work-arounds? The developers have acknowledged that it's a bug, but I have no information as to if/when they propose to fix it.

--
    Terry, West Sussex, UK
    Quote Quote  
  2. Might that be the effect of anti-aliasing? Is there a setting in there for that? Text is where that problem shows up.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, turns out you're right. It's a bug. CodeJam have this to say:

"The problem is actually related to anti-aliasing on the final output. While using a near-black color instead of total-black may help in some cases, it is still not a save-all solution. This, together with the unsaved setting changes are bugs that we will be looking into soon."

The work-around I found after experiment that helps a lot is to use 'near black', such as 111 or 222 instead of 000.

I've discovered another bug that is more serious.

If you open an image in MoT and edit an existing caption, the change does not get implemented after clicking OK. It is only implemented if, after the typing, you select the entire text again and apply a colour.

The same thing happens if you merely delete some part of a line. You still have to select and colour.

This explains several occasions I'd previously written off as carelessness on my part, when changes I was sure I'd made did not appear on the final burn, necessitating a wasted DVD and an hour or two more burning.

I have to wonder how thoroughly they tested MoT before release!

BTW, I had no automatic notification email of your reply Does that feature work reliably for others?

--
    Terry, West Sussex, UK
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks for pointing this out. I've only used white text so far.

the automatic notification should be in your preferences under your profile. it's always worked for me.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks. I got notified of that one, so previously must have been a glitch, carelessness, or my mail filter being over zealous!

--
    Terry, West Sussex, UK
    Quote Quote