VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, so my roomate has a G5 and it has a DVD Writer made by Sony in it (yes it is the factory installed drive). I am converting downloaded TV Series Episodes from AVI to DVD format using WinAVI on my PC. And I am about to use TMPGEnc DVD Author to author a dvd and then I will transfer it to the MAC to burn it.

My question is, what program should I use to burn it(idvd, toast, disk utility), and with what settings should I use to make it the most compatable with standalone DVD players? My knowledge of MAC is limited and my roomate doesn't do much video authoring/burning.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use Toast. Toast v6.0.7 and higher has an option called... "DVD from VIDEO_TS" which will take an existing authored DVD folder, automatically filter out any non-standard Mac OS files, add an empty AUDIO_TS folder for compatibility. Burn on high quality (brand name) blank media using DVD-R or DVD+R at 1x speed and you should be good to go.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For already authored content, I'd suggest Toast, which will take a VIDEO_TS folder, unlike the others.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay here's another cool question. I used WinAVI to convert from XVID to DVD (VIDEO_TS VOB's), but they turned out to be around 2.2GB per 40min episode. The quality is about the same as the origional XVID file, but at this rate I can only put 1-2 files per DVD.

What exactly am I doing wrong here? I want to put 15 tv episodes onto like at most 4-5 dvd's!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Forget that question, I asked it in the appropriate forum section.

Thanks for the help. I'll definately use Toast to burn.
    Quote Quote