VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Im a total newbie to this so appologise if this has been discussed before? i've had a quick browse and didnt find anything that could answer my dilema.

I used to have a DVD comcorder which gives me VOB files, and have recently bought a Sanyo xacti HD1000 HD camcorder which records full HD MPEG4 at 30 or 60fps.

I want to find something that will convert both file formats to something compatible with windows movie maker so i can edit them all together without any degregation in quality, i dont seem to get any with the VOb files but with the MPEG4 HD files they seem to go all grainy and start to pixelate. I have been using a demo of some cucusoft software.

Dont know if I am doing something wrong or using the wrong software?

Any help would be apreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's maybe time to switch to a new BETTER video editor because WMM is best for dv-avi video and not much more. I would try Ulead Videostudio or Vegas Movie Studio.

But if you like to use wmm can you try install ffdshow and then it might work better to import vob and the mpeg4 hd files(choose View: all files when importing vob files).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, do you know if converting from MPEG4 HD to something like MPEG 2 will cause the level of degregation i am experiencing? is that normal or do you think that the software you mentioned will be able to handle the conversion better.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote