VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Am i correct in thinking that internal audio rendered is non other than a CPU/GPU subunit? Why upon installing k-lite codecs pack this question is always drawn up in front? What is the difference by clicking ''use internal audio'' on/off? if i still can choose the source of audio in my MPC, whether it is my realtek chip, my TV or some USB audio card..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Bump!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    BUMP! Anyone alive? I am still in need of an answer!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Amazing, i predict i will be bumping this thread till the end of my days.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The question k-lite asks is probably in relation to the audio renderer found under Internal Filters in options. You can enable WASAPI exclusive mode and configure a few other things when it's enabled if you want to. I'm not totally conversant with how it works as I hung onto Windows XP for as long as I could, then switched to Linux, but I believe exclusive mode lets a program hog a particular audio device for minimum latency and should prevent any resampling along the way. The software communicates directly with the device drivers rather than using the Windows mixer as the go-between. When multiple devices share an audio device the audio from each must have the same sample rate as far as I know, so if that's 48k for example, audio with another sample rate would be resampled to 48k on the way through. That's my basic understanding, at least.

Thinking about it reminded me of a hydrogenaudio page, which I think was written by the author of foobar2000. I don't recall him being a fan of WASAPI for general use.
    Bypassing Windows Mixer
    Foobar2000 supports it, and also ASIO, the Steinberg version used mainly for pro audio hardware requiring ASIO drivers rather than the Microsoft drivers. Support was backported to older versions of foobar2000 via plugins though so there's a bit more info to be found on these pages.
    WASAPI output support
    ASIO Output
    I have no idea how configurable the MPC-HC audio renderer is, but here's some more general info for you.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_features_new_to_Windows_Vista#Audio_stack_architecture
    Last edited by hello_hello; 16th Sep 2024 at 00:38.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't take anyone seriously asking for help when they use k-lite,all you need is just a few codecs installed,k-lite installs way too many,just my opinion.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    The software communicates directly with the device drivers rather than using the Windows mixer as the go-between.
    I think this is it. Thanks! So from i've read now, for playback it does not really matter if it is internal or mixer. I guess this is answered.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I don't take anyone seriously asking for help when they use k-lite,all you need is just a few codecs installed,k-lite installs way too many,just my opinion.
    Technically LAV Filters is a collection of codecs and closer to being a codec pack than the standard version of K-Lite would be.

I was fairly anti codec pack for a while, but that was back when a website could easily infect a computer courtesy of ActiveX, and codec packs were often bloated and full of adware and spyware. Are there still many codec packs being maintained now or is K-Lite the only survivor? The standard version of K-Lite is barely more than MPC-HC and LAV Filters, although I "think" you can choose to keep LAV Filters bundled with MPC-HC or to install it for other programs to use.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The MPC-HC internal audio renderer is based on the past Sanear audio renderer which was integrated into MPC-HC. Updates to the renderer has been done every so often by the developer of MPC-HC but more could be done but it's all about priorities. You can't change that much on the MPC-HC internal audio renderer other than specific options that are within the settings tied to it in MPC-HC program itself. I recommend getting the newest MPC-HC versions that you can, Videohelp does a pretty good job providing those links. I believe the developer of LAV Filters works on the JRVR video renderer for J.River Media Center program which uses his LAV Filters. LAV Filters are directshow based codecs that are created from FFMPEG which is where most programs take their codecs from but some other companies will develop their own codecs but normally those are proprietary.

Sanear audio renderer has a github https : //github.com/alexmarsev/sanear
    Someone had done a update to them which was interesting that pointed out that the renderer didn't get updated as often as it should be.
    Linked https : //github.com/alexmarsev/sanear/issues/20

If you are familiar with directshow and using external and system filters, then you can give it a try to see if you like it more.
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by syberdude View Post
    The MPC-HC internal audio renderer is based on the past Sanear audio renderer which was integrated into MPC-HC. Updates to the renderer has been done every so often by the developer of MPC-HC but more could be done but it's all about priorities. You can't change that much on the MPC-HC internal audio renderer other than specific options that are within the settings tied to it in MPC-HC program itself. I recommend getting the newest MPC-HC versions that you can, Videohelp does a pretty good job providing those links. I believe the developer of LAV Filters works on the JRVR video renderer for J.River Media Center program which uses his LAV Filters. LAV Filters are directshow based codecs that are created from FFMPEG which is where most programs take their codecs from but some other companies will develop their own codecs but normally those are proprietary.

Sanear audio renderer has a github https : //github.com/alexmarsev/sanear
    Someone had done a update to them which was interesting that pointed out that the renderer didn't get updated as often as it should be.
    Linked https : //github.com/alexmarsev/sanear/issues/20

If you are familiar with directshow and using external and system filters, then you can give it a try to see if you like it more.
    F.W.I.W., and actually, the MPC-BE development team keeps updating the MPC Audio Renderer. The standalone filter packages (both x86 and x64) do include a .AX file that can be used as an external filter by any DirectShow-based player, such as PotPlayer.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote