VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello.

I'm trying this script with TDecimate

LwLibavVideoSource("C:\===Work===\01.mp4")
    TDecimate(Mode=2, m2PA=true, rate=23.976)

and I open it with VirtualDub, i'm getting this message "... does not have a video stream"

BUT if I remove this Mode=2

LwLibavVideoSource("C:\===Work===\01.mp4")
    TDecimate(m2PA=true, rate=23.976)

I can load without any problem, why mode=2 is causing this ?

Thanks
    Last edited by kalemvar1; 12th May 2020 at 19:10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Which version of TIVTC exactly do you use? It has been in development by pinterf during the last weeks, he released a few new versions, maybe it was covered in one of these?

https://github.com/pinterf/TIVTC/releases/

Furthermore, you may run your script through AVSMeter and see if it reports any more verbose error messages.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks LigH.de

I just install version TIVTC 1.17 and TDeint 1.4 and the problem is still there, I tried mode=1 to 7, they are all working except mode=2, AvsPmod frooze very time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Are you able to provide a small sample, in case it happens only for your kind of material?
    Quote Quote  
  5. m2PA=true can make TDecimate check a huge amount of video in advance. Without it, it only checks 100 frames at a time. What happens if you set m2PA=false? If memory serves, with Mode=2 and m2PA=true, the video will often run normally up to a certain point (once TDecimate has finished looking ahead), then everything will come to a stop while TDecimate looks ahead again.
    m2PA and rate probably do nothing without mode=2 (or mode=7 for the rate argument).

Maybe VirtualDub doesn't know it needs to wait and AvsPmod appears to freeze because it is?

You might be better off running an analysis pass. I'm sure both VirtualDub and AvsPMod have an analysis pass mode. It should be pretty fast.

TDecimate(Mode=4, rate=23.976, Output="SomeFile.txt")

When it's done, use mode=2 this way:

TDecimate(Mode=2, rate=23.976, Input="SomeFile.txt")

Or try Mode=7 instead. Often it can work as well as mode=2 without the waiting period.

TDecimate(Mode=7, rate=23.976)
    Last edited by hello_hello; 14th May 2020 at 13:44.
    Quote Quote