VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Thread
  1. For all those who are looking for a simple x264 encoder for their Qtgmc scripts or want to deinterlace their videos with Qtgmc, I present my Qtgmc-GUI here.

    You can load your Avisynth script. An example is enclosed.
    You can edit the script with Notepad (I'm using Notepad++) and check it with Virtualdub. Then just click Encode and the video will be encoded.
    You can find the requirements in the enclosed How to Text file. An example script is also included.

    Have fun with it.

    05 May 2020 update to v1.0.6.
    Some small bugs fixed
    You can now also load a video file, then the program will create a simple script that you can also modify.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	53159Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	53160Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	53161Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	53162Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	53163

    Download: https://files.videohelp.com/u/292773/Qtgmc-GUI_106.7z
    Last edited by ProWo; 7th May 2020 at 14:44. Reason: Version 1.0.6.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You should at least include options to select and modify all the QTGMC options without having the user to manually modify the avisynth script.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    You should at least include options to select and modify all the QTGMC options without having the user to manually modify the avisynth script.
    I wrote: a simple encoder.
    It is the first version and in this way the greatest flexibility is guaranteed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You cannot "sell" this as QTGMC - gui, common man.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm not selling anything. The program may be useful for one or the other, no more and no less. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. There is some sort of QTGMC gui in certain software, that is why Selur responded, you made him click. Then he is just politely bringing up that something needs to be done to justify that title, banner. This will be googled by thousands as well only realizing it is not QTGMC gui. It is not about me, besides making me click as well
    Quote Quote  
  7. If the plugins QTGMC requires will eventually be included, then I think it's potentially a good thing. You can't de-interlace with QTGMC using just a script, and installing plugins and getting QTGMC to work is often an obstacle for non-Avisynth users. I've recommended QTGMC to others in the past, then had to offer a crash course in Avisynth, often using MeGUI. At the moment it appears to be more like a general GUI for loading scripts, but it's got to start somewhere.

    If the GUI also came with it's own portable Avisynth, so Avisynth doesn't need to be installed, that'd be even better, but are there any plans for the GUI to be able to open a source file itself? I ask, because I think if someone knows how to open a source in a script they probably already have Avisynth installed and could use QTGMC themselves.

    ProWo,
    I'm just trying to be constructive but the problem with a GUI for de-interlacing is if that's all it does, it prevents the user from also doing other basic things such as cropping and resizing. Trouble is for those, you really need a preview. Just some thoughts...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    ProWo,I'm just trying to be constructive but the problem with a GUI for de-interlacing is if that's all it does, it prevents the user from also doing other basic things such as cropping and resizing. Trouble is for those, you really need a preview. Just some thoughts...
    Thanks for your comments. If you want the program to provide a script, you can easily add that; but then it can only be a basic script, because every user wants to use his own plugins and filters. For this reason I would have to include Avisynth in 32 bit and 64 bit, with all plugins for both versions. This will be confusing. The program is mainly intended for the user who wants to deinterlace a video quickly and without much effort and who is familiar with Qtgmc.
    But as I said, if you post a good basic script here, I will include the script creation.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Thanks for your comments.
    No problem.

    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    If you want the program to provide a script, you can easily add that; but then it can only be a basic script, because every user wants to use his own plugins and filters.
    I wasn't requesting anything be included. I was assuming it's possible to load any Avisynth script rather than just a QTGMC specific one. I haven't actually run the program yet as I've been on the XP computer.

    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    For this reason I would have to include Avisynth in 32 bit and 64 bit, with all plugins for both versions. This will be confusing. The program is mainly intended for the user who wants to deinterlace a video quickly and without much effort and who is familiar with Qtgmc.
    But as I said, if you post a good basic script here, I will include the script creation.
    I'm not sure it'd be too confusing. Most Avisynth GUIs come with some additional plugins and load them in scripts as required, but couldn't you have a 32 bit and 64 bit plugins folders, so maybe the user can pick the one they want to use, or even have 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the program itself?
    I don't know how programs interact with a portable version of Avisynth, but being able to de-interlace with QTGMC without needing to install Avisynth would probably be handy for many people.

    Just my opinion, but I think anyone familiar with QTGMC might find using the program a bit limiting, as I assume you still have to create the script yourself, add any other filtering.... I honestly can't think of a single time I've encoded a video while doing nothing but de-interlace it, or remember the last time I encoded a script without previewing it first.

    On the other hand, for anyone who doesn't have Avisynth installed, or has never seen an Avisynth script, a program that'll open a file, de-interlace with QTGMC (and maybe crop/resize) and encode with a few clicks might find a large untapped market. Anyway, just some thoughts.....
    Quote Quote  
  10. 05 May 2020 update to v1.0.5.
    You can now also load a video file, then the program will create a simple script that you can also modify.
    Quote Quote  
  11. 05 May 2020 update to v1.0.6.
    Some small bugs fixed
    Quote Quote  
  12. ok, good, now you just caught up with Ripbot264 allowing to modify created script and perhaps many other x264 front-ends, still long way to go to call it QTGMC GUI
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    ok, good, now you just caught up with Ripbot264 allowing to modify created script and perhaps many other x264 front-ends, still long way to go to call it QTGMC GUI
    _Al_, if it bothers you that much, then give me a new name and I will rename the project.
    Quote Quote  
  14. you can name it as you want, but I can tell you where it stands, that's all ...
    Naming, it depends, how many source plugins are you using, are you checking source file extension and then selecting a source plugin, or only one source plugin?
    Because with all of this it starts to be slightly difficult as you can see. You'd need to also provide indexing for some files and source plugins if creating avs script. Not sure how far you are with that. It is a bit different than just load source file into ffmpeg.
    Last edited by _Al_; 7th May 2020 at 15:32.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    If the plugins QTGMC requires will eventually be included, then I think it's potentially a good thing. You can't de-interlace with QTGMC using just a script, and installing plugins and getting QTGMC to work is often an obstacle for non-Avisynth users. I've recommended QTGMC to others in the past, then had to offer a crash course in Avisynth, often using MeGUI. At the moment it appears to be more like a general GUI for loading scripts, but it's got to start somewhere.

    If the GUI also came with it's own portable Avisynth, so Avisynth doesn't need to be installed, that'd be even better, but are there any plans for the GUI to be able to open a source file itself? I ask, because I think if someone knows how to open a source in a script they probably already have Avisynth installed and could use QTGMC themselves.

    ProWo,
    I'm just trying to be constructive but the problem with a GUI for de-interlacing is if that's all it does, it prevents the user from also doing other basic things such as cropping and resizing. Trouble is for those, you really need a preview. Just some thoughts...
    Last staxrip beta is fully portable, not only avisynth portable but also vapoursynth portable and qtgmc is supported for both avisynth and vapoursynth, everything included and just works without installing or configuring anything.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads