VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you're running a recent CPU (last 10 years) and windows 7 or greater you can use the AVX2 version; I doubt if there is that
    much difference between the Clang or other version; one may be slightly faster that the other.

If you're not sure about the CPU, you can use cpuz to see if avx2 is listed
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    If you're running a recent CPU (last 10 years) and windows 7 or greater you can use the AVX2 version; I doubt if there is that
    much difference between the Clang or other version; one may be slightly faster that the other.

If you're not sure about the CPU, you can use cpuz to see if avx2 is listed
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
    Oh yeah, I have a fairly recent CPU (I have Cupid too) Thanks!

***EDIT

Oh, and where do I put it then, the 64+ folder?
    Quote Quote  
  3. 64 bit version goes in the plugins64+ folder. 32 bit version goes in the plugins+ folder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    64 bit version goes in the plugins64+ folder. 32 bit version goes in the plugins+ folder.
    Thank you! So, ANY plugin that is '64' goes in the plugins64+ folder, and everything that is 32 goes in the plugins+ folder. Well, that (for once) seems pretty straight forward, I think I can do that without screwing it up...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
    So, ANY plugin that is '64' goes in the plugins64+ folder, and everything that is 32 goes in the plugins+ folder.
    Mostly. There are a few plugins that have to go in the plugins or plugins64 folders instead.

Note that plugins (and AVSI scripts) in the plugins folders automatically load every time AviSynth is started. Some people prefer to load plugins manually in their scripts instead. They place them somewhere else and use LoadPlugin("c:\path\to\pluginName.dll") within their scripts instead.
    Quote Quote  
  6. fwiw, I found this video to be useful when installing avisynth+ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4PyyQoz6eo&t=1313s
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
    If I could just go somewhere and simply copy a bunch of plugins OR find a pack of them that installs in the right place automatically, that would be nice!
    I'll probably delete the zip file at some stage as it'll eventually become out-dated, but here you go. It doesn't include the plugins that Avisynth installs such as DirectShowSource.dll. They'd probably be fine, but just in case they're not compatible with the version of Avisynth you installed, and because you should have them anyway, I didn't include them.
    If the plugins have an AVX2 version it'll probably be the version in the zip file, so if your CPU doesn't support AVX2 you might have to replace them with a version it supports (there won't be many of them, but I've no idea which ones they'd be).

The help files folder includes function help files too (QTGMC for example). The zip file only includes plugins though (aside from the couple of plugins that also have functions), so some of the help files aren't needed, but I didn't bother sorting through them.

64 bit plugins.zip (55.2 MB)
    Last edited by hello_hello; 19th Jul 2024 at 17:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
    So, ANY plugin that is '64' goes in the plugins64+ folder, and everything that is 32 goes in the plugins+ folder.
    Mostly. There are a few plugins that have to go in the plugins or plugins64 folders instead.

Note that plugins (and AVSI scripts) in the plugins folders automatically load every time AviSynth is started. Some people prefer to load plugins manually in their scripts instead. They place them somewhere else and use LoadPlugin("c:\path\to\pluginName.dll") within their scripts instead.
    Thanks! I thought only plugins with the .avsi extension load automatically and everything else you had to use the LoadPlugin path that you mention above.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jeby1980 View Post
    fwiw, I found this video to be useful when installing avisynth+ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4PyyQoz6eo&t=1313s
    I will check it out, thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
    If I could just go somewhere and simply copy a bunch of plugins OR find a pack of them that installs in the right place automatically, that would be nice!
    I'll probably delete the zip file at some stage as it'll eventually become out-dated, but here you go. It doesn't include the plugins that Avisynth installs such as DirectShowSource.dll. They'd probably be fine, but just in case they're not compatible with the version of Avisynth you installed, and because you should have them anyway, I didn't include them.
    If the plugins have an AVX2 version it'll probably be the version in the zip file, so if your CPU doesn't support AVX2 you might have to replace them with a version it supports (there won't be many of them, but I've no idea which ones they'd be).

The help files folder includes function help files too (QTGMC for example). The zip file only includes plugins though (aside from the couple of plugins that also have functions), so some of the help files aren't needed, but I didn't bother sorting through them.

64 bit plugins.zip (55.2 MB)

Hey, thanks! I'll will give them a try
    Quote Quote