VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!
    I'm converting an Avi to DVD using TMPGenc but I receive an arror to the 96% of the conversion I have seen that the file is 3.99 Gb big.. What can I do?

Thanks in advance
    h
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you've hit the 4GB limit for file sizes in the FAT32 file system. If you run XP, convert to NTFS.
    Quote Quote  
  3. no other solutions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, make your target file size under 4GB .
    Quote Quote  
  5. that is not possible
    Quote Quote  
  6. Does sound like the FAT 4GB limit to me too.

If you can't/don't want to convert to NTFS or make the target size under 4GB, you are going to have to look at splitting the AVI and encoding as two parts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by The haltman
    that is not possible
    Lower your bitrate a little.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you're tight on hard drive space and are concerned about splitting the AVI file into smaller segments you could use VirtualDub to cut your AVI into segments (without saving) and frameserve each AVI segment into TMPGEnc Plus.

I've done this before ... Not because filesize but because I used Virtualdub to cut out commericals.

Let's say you wanted to do it in three segments. First open the AVI in Virtualdub then select where you wanted to make the first cut. Write down the frame number (f#1) and cut from there to the end (Don't save). Start Frameserving and encode in TMPGEnc Plus. After it finishes, reload the original AVI, select where you want to the 2nd segment to end, say frame number f#2, cut from there to the end. Then cut from the start to f#1. Start frameserving then encode. Reload original AVI, cut from start to f#2, start frameserving then encode. It may sound confusing and difficult but it really isn't.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks everybody for yr. solutions I try to convert from fat32 to ntfs..

bye
    haltman
    Quote Quote  
  10. A stupid question
    If I have 2 partitions: C with programs and TMPGenc, D with videos and I need to save the file on D I need to convert to NTFS only D right?

thanks in advance
    haltman.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, that's correct. But why stick to fat32 at all?

/Mats
    Quote Quote