VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Have anyone tried to use a Xenon processor based computer to encode SVCD....if so did it work with CCE and what speeds are we talking about....

(by the way I am not sure of the processor specs, but I just want to get the big picture)..

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    You're probably talking about a Xeon processor, but in any case I have a Dual (Pentium 4) Xeon 1.8GHz Prestonia system. I can give you times of various encoding processes but it wouldn't give you much of an idea unless you could run the same tests on your system and compare.

I used to do my DVD > SVCD conversion with various programs but lately I've been experimenting with DVD2SVCD. I'm using CCE 2.50 and so far its been working great. If there are any specific tests you'd like to compare to let me know.

-wintermute

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wintermute_cz on 2002-01-11 14:00:50 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah ...you are right, I mean Xeon....but what times are we talking about for a normal 2 hour video???

Justa an estimate...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Well, I would have to say it would be comparably slower than a regular PII since it lacks MMX, SSE, SSE2. And if I'm not mistaken, a lot of the software take advantage of these multimedia instruction set.
    Quote Quote  
  5. tinmancp, thanks for your input, but I thought the processor I can get my hands on (Intel Pentium III Xeon @ 700Mhz) would work as a normal PIII using MMX, SSE and SSE2 ....but is this wrong????
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, I believe the Xeon processors have the same capabilities (although SSE2 is a P4 thing, not P3). They are intended to be server processors.
    Quote Quote