VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i got a dvd+r from a friend but it wouldnt play in my sony dvd player. it says the region setting is wrong. so usually this isnt a problem becuase i just reburn it to a dvd-r and that takes out the region code all together. i usually use clonedvd to copy discs but it wont even recognize the disc. so i ripped the iso file with dvd decrypter and then burnt the iso file to a dvd-r using clonedvd and it still had the regional warning on my sony player. i can play the disc in my computer just fine, just not the stand alone player. any ideas on how i can get this disc to play????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try backing it up to your hard drive with DVD Shrink, and then burn it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when u ripped with decrypter was the option for removing regional lock enabled? as said above dvdshrink would solve that problem also.
    u can also trying hacking your player using the dvd hacks section of this site.
    With all due respect... and there is respect...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tried dvd shrink and it whont even recognize the disc and i checked the region setting on dvd decrypter and its correct. is there a way id be able to just rip the movie section only, with out the menus?? perhaps if i get it down to its bare essentials itll play.
    Quote Quote  
  5. " tried dvd shrink and it whont even recognize the disc "

Try ripping the DVD onto the harddrive in file mode with DVDDecryptor.

Open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file with IFOEdit.
    Click the button ' Get VTS Sectors '.
    Click yes to all the popups.
    After confirmations, click save. And again click yes to any popups.

Now close IFOEdit. and launch DVDShrink, see if Shrink would
    recognize the movie this time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like bad authoring in the first place. Usually, CloneDVD and Shrink won't accept badly authored DVDs. Does it play on any other Standalone playersor have you only checked it on your own?
    Quote Quote  
  7. If dvd decrypter recognizes it just rip it to your drive using file mode instead of iso mode, then burn the video_ts folder and audio_ts folder with whatever you like to the dvd-r, or run it through shrink to get rid of the region code and generate new folders and files.
    Quote Quote