VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is it possible to have menus when you are ripping directly from the original DVD? For example, I use DVD shrink to reduce the size, but I still keep a lot of the extras, and I hate having to forward to the end of the disc to watch an extra. Could I create a menu for the movie and the selected extras?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know but you could keep the original menu. All you have to do is a full-disk backup.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Or could I keep the original menu, and have it work on the burned disc?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe that on most DVD remotes, you can access additional features ie. going directly to titles of your choice. You don't need a menu for this function. I'm sure it's in your manual.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kmac14_99
    Or could I keep the original menu, and have it work on the burned disc?
    yes, just do full backup
    Quote Quote  
  6. If I do that, then it wont fit onto a DVD-+R.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Forget the menus. You don't need them to access additional titles on a disc.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If I do that, then it wont fit onto a DVD-+R.
    why? what version of dvdshrink are you using? I use 3.0beta 5 and have burned several hundred dvd's and they fit on either + or -dvdr
    Quote Quote  
  9. OK, I have another question. Say the movie I am ripping has a commentary track, and I wanted to keep it. Is there any way to put it on the disc, and how would I access it on the burned disc?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like you basically want to use DVD Shrink's full backup mode but selectively remove certain extras. Remove the extras beforehand either manually in IFOEdit or through the use of something like DVD Stripper. Then load it up in DVD Shrink and use full backup mode.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have an audio button on your remote, you can use it to toggle between the different audio streams on the disc. Another (longer way) is thru the same way you could access different titles on the disc as I explained earlier.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I have another question. Say the movie I am ripping has a commentary track, and I wanted to keep it. Is there any way to put it on the disc, and how would I access it on the burned disc?
    after analyzing, just hit full backup. It will shrink the size, and yes everything will be intact.
    Quote Quote  
  13. adam

yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do. Thank you.
    Quote Quote