Built a new PC.

Everything is working perfect except TMPGenc plus. It is probably a settings interlace issue or field setting issue....and yes I have read the guides. But while they explain things, I have not found troubleshooting help for my problem.

I'm trying to create a DVD compliant mpeg from avi source. The source material is recorded from TV to Virtual VCR using MJPEG setting 19. It looks perfect (same as on old system) in avi format. It is interlaced.

When I transcode using TMPGenc the quality is not what I have gotten before on the old PC. It's not so much a blur as lack of sharpness. There are some small 'jaggies' in the overall picture - when played on either the monitor or TV - that where never there on the old PC. It is very noticable in the SCIFI logo swirl/cresent. Not so distinct in the overall picture.

One clue - maybe: When I turn the deinterlace filter to even and scroll through the preview, the picture is much sharper.

For what it's worth, TMPGenc DVD author is working perfectly, and so is DVD Shrink.

The system is an ASUS A7N8X deluxe motherboard (nforce2), 2800 cpu, 512 meg ram pc3200, Windows XP Pro