VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    My buddy got the clap in the P.I for $1.50. Typical drunk sailor ya know .
    Tell him not to worry, it was probably FAKE clap. You can't tell the difference.
    "Whenever I need to "get away,'' I just get away in my mind. I go to my imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the weather is perfect. The only bad thing there are the flies. They're terrible!" Jack Handey
    Quote Quote  
  2. Fake? I got SOMETHING once for $4 and it wasnt fake!
    BTW, am not a sailor, but still got drunk.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tweedledee
    In the Philippines you can buy the latest movie ie "Gothica" in a case for $1.50 US but the blank DVD's are $2 US. How does that work?
    pressed dvds are about 50-75 cents each plus 25 cents for case and packaging

blanks are different type u are talking about -- plus they are really less than 2$ (less than $1 in many cases) in cost
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  4. In Philippines i could not find a DVD-R for $2, and i did check around. Almost $2.50. Its not common with DVD writers there yet, but i guess they can be found cheaper in Manila, out in the provinces the market is too small still.

This thread inspired me to check the 2 DVDs i brought from Phils, and its for sure DVD-ROM booktype, and one of them is no longer playing in the PC, still work in the XBox (which is choosy). One i bought there for my uncle, a concert-thing, it had bad sectors when it was new, played fine in standalone but was not rippable, wonder if that one could have been burned, sad thing i forgot to check the media info on it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The prices as of last friday were Movie in case=80pesos. Blank=120 pesos. I'll let you do the converion. I think it's 55P to 1 us dollar
    "Whenever I need to "get away,'' I just get away in my mind. I go to my imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the weather is perfect. The only bad thing there are the flies. They're terrible!" Jack Handey
    Quote Quote  
  6. Definitely the late release of the movies in dvd in some countries due to the dvd regions is another reason for people to buy pirated dvds or download them.... People don't like being the last one in anything especially if they pay these prices for the dvds...
    Quote Quote