VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    This is a problem I've been having on and off with TMPGEnc, I was just wondering how I can avoid it from happening since it's happening to me a lot recently. I'm converting from HQ-avi's to SVCD and for some reason the sound on the SVCD's is a bit metallic (I hope you guys understand what I mean by that) when the sound on the AVI's is perfect. Thanx for all your guys' help in the past and hopefully on this problem. Best wishes to all,
    Julie
    Quote Quote  
  2. It could be that the AVI is encoded with audio at 48000 khz.
    I'm not sure with svcd format but with vcd it only likes audio at 44100 khz. I had the metalic sound like your talking about when playing on my DVD player before I worked out the problem. Try opening the avi up in sound forge or somthing and coverting it to 44100 then saving it as a seperate wave file. Then in tmpgenc use that file as the sound, and the avi as the video. Hope it helps,

Kim
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    You can also strip the audio with Vdub and use that as your sound file, just select 44,100 under audio conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM

Another possibility can be the fact that TMPGEnc has very good quality for video, but its audio conversion is pretty poor. I'm using a separate tool (toolame) in TMPGEnc to convert audio.
    You can find the free tool from the address:
    http://www.flexion.org/audio/toolame/

In TMPGEnc you go to "Environmental Settings" and sheet "External Tool". From there select "Layer-2" and locate the downloaded tool. Now, when you start converting it will use toolame for audio conversion and I can say that the quality is very good.

Rise
    Quote Quote