VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have used lots of different brands/manufactures of -/+ R/RW and I have had my fair share of coasters for many different reasons ranging from sheer carelessness on my part to defective media. My question is this: Suppose I have a pristine copy on a TY and through some act of GOD (or some other devine entity) I have a pristine copy on a CMC. Down the road if they are both cared for properly and in the same fashion, will the CMC be more likely to give me problems - or - do all problems relating to lower quality media revolve around getting a decent burn? (as opposed to keeping a decent burn (i.e., scratches more easily, causes more read errors a few years from now, etc.)) Consider as an example a burn of 4gigs so we don't have to deal with edge of disc dye issues.
    No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So far, no, nothing has been proven. Once it is burned, and confirmed good (by watching whole thing AND good disc check on PC), considering it has good care, should last decades.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will second that. Nothing is proven until now, so if they work good for you after a burn and no errors, there is no proof that your TY will last longer than your CMC. None what so ever.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks guys!
    No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you do some reading through this forum, you will find instances of people that used cheap media which is now not readable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VinnySem
    If you do some reading through this forum, you will find instances of people that used cheap media which is now not readable.
    Those tests are inconclusive because the media was never thoroughly checked to begin with. I've found that in 100% of the cases I've reviewed on the matter.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote