VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been searching thru the forum but really haven't located a clear answer to my first question, so thought I'd ask direct.
    If I make a vcd, can I easily copy it without problems?
    I am capturing some toons with my pinnacle capture card & scenalizer live & converting them with tmpgenc to make vcds. I want to be able to have access to them to make additional vcds later of the same info.
    Otherwise, I will just copy them as I would data to cd-r's & them just make additional vcds later from them if I want to.
    My second question is why can you fit a 70 min movie onto a vcd even tho the file may be way over the 725 mg that a regular cd-r will hold?
    Thanks, Donna
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VCD's are written to disk in mode 2 which means that there is extra capacity when compared to a normal data disk. Video disks do not have error correction built into them, so a disk labelled 700MB will actually hold 800Mb. Data disks need the error correction or they will be potentially unusable, video is much more forgiving.

Yes, you can copy them like regular CD's, just use your regular copying software.

8)
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, you can copy them like regular CD's, just use your regular copying software.
    Yes, but make sure it can do Disc-to-Disc or Disc Image copying, and in Disc-At-Once mode. Then everything should be smooth.

All the major copying softwares can do that.

Code:
    Nero
    ECDC
    Prassi
    RNM
    CDRWin
    CDRDAO
    DiscJuggler
    CloneCD
    Blindwrite Suite

Toast
    Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. I made some vcds & wanted to copy them. I have easy cd 5 platinum. I did the disc copy & it tested the drive & went no problem. Tested the vcd & it works great.
    Went to copy the next one. It copied the toc & went to the first track & errored on me. Gave me a trackwriter error cd read failed E80041931 & an unspecified error E80004005.
    Closed the program & tried again, same.
    Rebooted & tried again, same.
    Tried the next disc, same.
    Tried testing, same, tried testing & burning, same errors. Tried burning to hard drive, unk or unexpected error.
    Tried the first one & it copied again fine.
    Why would 1 go fine & not the next 2 when made same way?
    And, what can I do to get around this now without reproducing the original again?
    Help!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    #1- Until all your problems are worked out, use only CD-RW. It'll save you alot of money and be environmentally sound.

#2- Check the Roxio site about compatibility of your burner with ECDC and see if there are ANY issues.

#3- Check the Net and see what those error codes might mean (Google! 8) )

#4- If Roxio checks out your burner OK, including the Disc-At-Once and/or Disc Image copying, then copy a valid VCD Disc Image or images(like one of the ones in the Tools section on this site!) to test.

#5- If there is a problem with that disc image, you will probably need to uninstall, clean the registry, and then re-install ECDC. Or maybe even reinstall the OS.

#6- You may just want to get a burning app that isn't as buggy and clunky as ECDC. Try Nero or RNM. And if your burner is supported, CDRWIN, CDRDAO and CLONECD are always good tools to have at hand.

#7- Do an incantation, prayer and dance. Then throw salt between your legs. That'll do the trick!

HTH,
    Scott
    Quote Quote