VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    ... so for a few weeks now it takes me on 5 hours to encode a 24 minute VCD with TMPGEnc. (working with a 466mhz) Yesterday I try doing one and it says it'll take me 2 hours 30 minutes. I stop it, check around with the options and see that it's set to a 1:1 source which I guess it picked up when I converted an SVCD yesterday. I fix that since it would give me black lines and then make my VCD. Still it does it in 2 hours and 30 minutes. So what's going on? I seem to be using all the same settings like HQ motion search precision. I want to be happy about this but I can't help but feel that the quality of my VCD could be affected by all this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it seems to be magig. Otherwise you must have changed anything. It is still encoding? Just let it run and see. Hope that such magig moment come to me too
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Upon further inspection it appears I was only serving a 3rd of the frames which is quite noticeable during high motion scenes. Oh well... back to the slow 5 hour+ encode.

Anyone know if I can form TMPGEnc to be more gready with resources? I can't help but notice that it doesn't suck up CPU time like virtualdub.
    Quote Quote