VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have two DivX movie files I want to join using Virtual Dub. I've done this process several times before, but for these two files it doesn't seem to work. After I open the first file and then select "Append Video Segment" and choose the second file, it gives an error "Cannot append segment: The segment is not from the same video clip." I thought that perhaps since they were not encoded in the same video/audio compression schemes, that was the problem, so I re-encoded both of them to the exact same codecs and settings and it still gives the same error. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

When you re-encoded them using the same codec, you still may have ended up with difference. Click your right hand mouse on them and select properties, this will show you the exact difference.

Or use Vdub File > File info
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well I got everything the same except for the frame size. One is 352 x 240 and the other is 320 x 240. How can I change either of them to match in Virtual Dub?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Then use a filter > add > resize

Personally I would convert them to VCD.mpeg with TEMGEnc using a VCD template, then they will both be ready for VCD's
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Peck's Power Join for joining .avi files. It's faster, and it ignores some differences between files.

P.

Quote Quote