VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello

I have recently transferred videos from my Samsung VP-D10 to my computer with satisfying results.

Now I try to transfer videos from a Sony Handicam Vision Hi8 to my computer, but there is a lot of flickering.
    I am using a GV-USB2 capture card and S-Video output. Software used is AmarecTV

You can see it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrZPAa9W1Do

I have tried different S-Video cables without success.

What could be the issue?

[Attachment 82989 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 82990 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 82991 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 82992 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yuk!

Try doing a capture with the Composite cable.

If it still does it with the Composite cable, plug it into your TV and see if the wobblies show up there. If they do, then the GV is OK.

Then, it could be the camcorder or the tapes.

Re your GV-USB2 capture settings, type "25"fps in the format box. The 112 and 114 versions of the driver have a bug where 25 isn't presented in the list of presets but can be manually set. More info on this on my website here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    It seems to be the camera and not the capture device or software, because playback on it by itself creates the same crappy image.

I guess I just have to trash it and get a decent one from a reliable seller.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Get a head-cleaning tape. The manufacturer's recommend them for head cleaning. Look for the genuine article from Sony or Panasonic. Might save going through the hassle of the Ebay/Facebook/Gumtree cr@pshoot for another camcorder.
    Quote Quote