VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Second parameter is float "varC" = variance chroma, which should be sigma_vU, sigma_vV in vsTCanny. Not sigmaU.
    more something like:
    Code:
    v2= vsTCanny(v2, sigmaY=50.0, sigma_vU=50.0 + gblur, sigma_vV=50.0 + gblur, mode=-1)
    (using 50 instead of 7)
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well, "=50" - rises the highlights (unlike "=7"), but either way not resolve "border" issue.

Not sure what "variance chroma" mean exactly, but I guess it somewhat different from "Standard deviation of vertical gaussian blur" - which in vsTCanny is sigma_vY, sigma_vU, sigma_vV (and sigmaY, sigmaU, sigmaV - Standard deviation of horizontal gaussian blur.)
    Quote Quote  
  3. It should be the deviation for U and V as I understood it. )
    I assume you did simplify your script to stop after the ContrastMask calls to be sure this is not caused by something else, right?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    I assume you did simplify your script to stop after the ContrastMask calls to be sure this is not caused by something else, right?
    Well, if I will not tweak after ContrastMask - the picture will be wash out and I won't see any difference.
    Right now it look like this:

old ContrastMask
    Code:
    SeparateFields()
    MergeChroma(last, Spline36Resize(width/2, height).aWarpSharp2(depth=30).nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=width, fheight=height))
    Weave()

ConvertToYV12(matrix="rec601", interlaced=true)

SeparateFields() 
    even = SelectEven(last).ContrastMask(enhance=3.0)
    odd = SelectOdd(last).ContrastMask(enhance=3.0)
    Interleave(even, odd)
    Weave()

ConvertBits(16) 

ColorYUV(gamma_y=-35, cont_y=46, gain_y=-10, off_y=0)
    Tweak(bright=3, coring=false)
    Tweak(cont=0.9)
    Tweak(Hue=-16)

FFT3DFilter(bt=-1, sharpen=0.3, interlaced=true)

ConvertBits(bits=8, dither=1)
    new ContrastMask
    Code:
    ConvertBits(16) 

SeparateFields()
    MergeChroma(last, Spline36Resize(width/2, height).aWarpSharp2(depth=30).nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=width, fheight=height))
    Weave()

SeparateFields()
    even = SelectEven(last).ContrastMask(enhance=3.0)
    odd = SelectOdd(last).ContrastMask(enhance=3.0)
    Interleave(even, odd)
    Weave()

ColorYUV(gamma_y=-35, cont_y=46, gain_y=-10, off_y=0)
    Tweak(cont=0.9)
    Tweak(Hue=-16)

FFT3DFilter(bt=-1, sharpen=0.3, interlaced=true)

ConvertBits(bits=8, dither=1)
    ConvertToYV12(matrix="rec601", interlaced=true)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. With 'old ContrastMask' you used MergeChroma on 8bit, not you use it on 16bit.

As a general side node:
    Your field handling seems odd / wrong to me, can you explain why you do it that way?
    • Convert to 16bit (okay)
      Unsure why since afaik. none of the filters you use here does benefit from it, so it's just a slow-down)
    • You separate the fields. (okay)
    • You do some chroma adjustments on the separated fields. (okay)
    • You weave the fields and then separate them again => this seems wrong. Can you explain why you do that?
    • You apply ContrastMask on the fields. (okay)
    • You re-interlace the fields using Interleave(even, odd) and Weave(). (okay)
    • You change the colors of the interlaced content. (okay)
    • You apply FFT3DFilter it the interlaced content. (okay)
    • You convert to 8bit, while dithering (okay)
    • You convert to YV12 (okay)
    Personally I would, deinterlace the content, apply the filters and at the end re-interlace the file, instead of working on the separated fields.
    The first step for me would be deinterlacing and the last step would be the re-interlacing.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    With 'old ContrastMask' you used MergeChroma on 8bit, not you use it on 16bit.
    MergeChroma part handling some chroma ringing issue, I can't lose that step.

As a general side node:
    Your field handling seems odd / wrong to me, can you explain why you do it that way?
    [*]Convert to 16bit (okay)
    Unsure why since afaik. none of the filters you use here does benefit from it, so it's just a slow-down)
    It's for dithering while converting to 8bit, - to remove the banding.

[*]You weave the fields and then separate them again => this seems wrong. Can you explain why you do that?
    I think, there was something between this, but not anymore.

Personally I would, deinterlace the content, apply the filters and at the end re-interlace the file, instead of working on the separated fields.
    The first step for me would be deinterlacing and the last step would be the re-interlacing.
    There is mixed content of film and video (true 29.97 fps) [but not in this 03.avi clip]. So to avoid complication/problems (and not to lose video frames) I stay interlaced.
    Quote Quote  
  7. MergeChroma part handling some chroma ringing issue, I can't lose that step.
    You should do that in the original bit depth,...
    It's for dithering while converting to 8bit, - to remove the banding.
    use a debanding filter instead

There is mixed content of film and video (true 29.97 fps) [but not in this 03.avi clip]. So to avoid complication/problems (and not to lose video frames) I stay interlaced.
    bob deinterlace then. You are not staying interlaced, why you do, atm. isn't keeping the content interlaced,..
    Quote Quote  
  8. So it will be something like this?
    Code:
    AssumeTFF()
    Bob(0.0, 1.0)

ContrastMask(enhance=3.0)

ColorYUV(gamma_y=-35, cont_y=46, gain_y=-10, off_y=0) #cont_y=46
    Tweak(cont=0.9)
    Tweak(Hue=-16)

FFT3DFilter(bt=-1, sharpen=0.3)

neo_f3kdb(range=31, keep_tv_range=true, grainY=0, grainC=0, output_depth=8)

ConvertToYV12(matrix="rec601")

AssumeTFF.SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,0,3).Weave()
    I will do some testing tomorrow. But debanding filter, as I see on the Histogram - not doing good enough to replace ->16bit->8bit(dithering).
    Quote Quote