VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a DVD recorder (if you are curious, Inventec DV163B, which you've probably didn't heard it before) which has a BDR-L04P "Loader" IDE DVD drive (manufactured ~2004) - although reading recorded media (such as Audio CD, DVD-ROM/R/RW), recording isn't. I tried to put DVD+R and DVD+RW for recording (including multiple brands of blank discs, such as BenQ and Verbatim), and it just gives me "No disc". I managed to change the input of the DVD recorder, but it just ask me to insert a blank disc for recording. Tried blank DVD-R and it asks me to put a DVD+R/RW disc - so I have an idea to replace the DVD drive with a spare Samsung / TSSTcorp SATA DVD+RW drive through a SATA to IDE adapter. Here are some questions:
    1. If I replace DVD drive, will it still work?
    2. Is there any restrictions on which type of DVD+R/+RW will it support?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by weareblahs View Post
    I have a DVD recorder (if you are curious, Inventec DV163B, which you've probably didn't heard it before) which has a BDR-L04P "Loader" IDE DVD drive (manufactured ~2004) - although reading recorded media (such as Audio CD, DVD-ROM/R/RW), recording isn't. I tried to put DVD+R and DVD+RW for recording (including multiple brands of blank discs, such as BenQ and Verbatim), and it just gives me "No disc". I managed to change the input of the DVD recorder, but it just ask me to insert a blank disc for recording. Tried blank DVD-R and it asks me to put a DVD+R/RW disc - so I have an idea to replace the DVD drive with a spare Samsung / TSSTcorp SATA DVD+RW drive through a SATA to IDE adapter. Here are some questions:
    1. If I replace DVD drive, will it still work?
    2. Is there any restrictions on which type of DVD+R/+RW will it support?

Thanks.
    You can try using the Samsung drive if you already have SATA-IDE adapter. But there is no guarantee it will work.
    If you don't have the adapter, try to find an IDE drive you might have better luck this way.
    Quote Quote