VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I ask you to help me because I don't know what to do anymore

I have a PAL VCR with scart output, via adapter I can have both SVIDEO and composite output: https://techsideworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/1-TECH.jpg

I have a PC with Windows 7 x64, virtualdub2, an internal crappy Hauppauge PVR-150 card and the Dazzle DVC107

The Dazzle is installed only with the official drivers for win7 x64 https://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/Hardware_Installer/readmeHW10.htm

If I connect the VCR with SVIDEO to the Hauppauge card I see the picture in color. If I connect it to the Dazzle I see it in black and white.
    If I connect a Commodore 64 always in SVIDEO to the Dazzle I see it in color! (to rule out problems with the Dazzle's connector).

With video composite (yellow connector) is all ok.

Do you have any ideas? Thanks

Hauppauge:

Dazzle:

C64 to dazzle for SVIDEO testing:
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I may have realized

The VCR is an AIWA FX-5850

Looking at the wiring diagrams, the only SCART PIN connected is 19, which is composite video only!

So actually the output signal is only composite

I wonder how the Hauppauge detects the color....so I'll change the connection type
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    This is why SCART can be frustrating sometimes, When chinese manufacturers started to make cheap ones they started omitting pins or wiring them completely wrong with lack of adequate shielding, Buy only new old stock brand name SCART cable and adapters and avoid all modern cheap ones.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    This is why SCART can be frustrating sometimes
    The problem here is not in the SCART port or SCART cable, but in the VCR not providing a Y/C signal at its (scart) output, which is common for low-end devices
    Quote Quote