VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have this device. I can connect a single pair of headphones to using bluetooth

But I'd like to connect TWO headphones to it with each of the two having it's own independent volume control.

Can this be done?? If so, how??

Thanks

Boo
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I checked the price of this device and it is about $20 in the USA (in my country it is $52)
    I think the easiest solution for me if I was living in the USA would be to buy another one. Any other solution would mean buying a hardware which might work or not.
    As I don't see your country in your profile this might not be a good solution for you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @Boowho III, in the past Bluetooth did not support more than 1 connection at a time. Since 2017, BT v5.0 and above support connection to multiple devices (such as headphones). This is often called "multi-point" (with or without the hyphen). However, for this to work, ALL devices (host + all endpoints) must fully support this feature. This, of course, comes at a premium ($$). You'll have to see which models that support it are available to you.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    I checked the price of this device and it is about $20 in the USA (in my country it is $52)
    The latest ONN 4K streaming STB (Google TV 4K Pro Streaming Device ) sold at Walmart is about $50 in the USA and has a more advanced chipset than the $20 4K Android TV dongle sold by Walmart last year, plus a 100/10 Ethernet port and a USB 3.0 port.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    The latest ONN 4K streaming STB (Google TV 4K Pro Streaming Device ) sold at Walmart is about $50 in the USA and has a more advanced chipset than the $20 4K Android TV dongle sold by Walmart last year, plus a 100/10 Ethernet port and a USB 3.0 port.
    The OP didn't mention the exact model that he is using. A second gadget doesn't have to be that expensive as long as it has Bluetooth and can connect to the the one that he has already and hopefully play a second headphones pair.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    The OP didn't mention the exact model that he is using. A second gadget doesn't have to be that expensive as long as it has Bluetooth and can connect to the the one that he has already and hopefully play a second headphones pair.
    The OP says he has a set-top box. The newer $50 Onn streaming device is a set-top box that runs Google TV. I don't have one yet.

The $20 Onn streaming device, which I have, is not a set-top box. It is a dongle that runs Android TV. However, I don't have any BT headphones so I can't test anything. Even if I did have 2 BT headphones, my Onn device has different hardware from the newer Onn model and runs a slightly different OS.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote