VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have this old Samsung Monitor that supports up to 2K resolutions (2560x1600) but signal input is only from DVI-D.

[Attachment 82240 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 82241 - Click to enlarge]

I used to have it connected on a computer I Build more than 10 years ago. Now I tried connecting it to a newer computer with GTX480 ON Windows 10 and it only displays up to 1280x800. Of course I'm using a Dvi Dual Link cable the same I was using on my old PC and was getting the full 2560x1600 resolution with gtx480. The only difference I understand must be Windows. Back then I Was on Win7 now I'm on Win10. I don't see any drivers on Samsung site or anywhere else for that matter. Any ideas on what to do? It's a shame to let this monitor go to waste...
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is possibility that your graphic card may not support DVI Dual Link... Doubt if drivers change anything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    There is possibility that your graphic card may not support DVI Dual Link... Doubt if drivers change anything.
    Of course I'm using a Dvi Dual Link cable the same I was using on my old PC and was getting the full 2560x1600 resolution with gtx480. The only difference I understand must be Windows. Back then I Was on Win7 now I'm on Win10. I don't see any drivers on Samsung site or anywhere else for that matter. Any ideas on what to do? It's a shame to let this monitor go to waste...
    Original Post
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ah, first i thought also you were using 2 different cards.
    But i have used also some DVI dual link monitors (HP Zr30w/HP LP3065) on Windows 10 without the need of special monitor drivers.
    Did you update the video-card drivers?
    Also check Windows optional updates for driver updates for your card?
    Last edited by The_Doman; 15th Sep 2024 at 13:27.
    Quote Quote  
  5. No guys same card same cable that once worked on older system with Win 7.

I mean I got latest Nvidia driver, but this card is 15 years old. Maybe new drivers don't mean nothing and I either have to find specific drivers for this specific cars, or even this cars is not fully supported altogether in newer systems and windows.

Here is a list for Win 11 (I'm on Win10) and still it doesn't mention this cars

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/o7ymr9/nvidia_gpus_that_will_no_longer_work_on_windows_11/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Windows 10 should support that card normally.
    It worked (Dual Link) on a GeForce 210 here.
    You can try uninstalling/removing the drivers and let Windows reinstall the drivers itself.

Then check for additional driver updates here:
    [Attachment 82247 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by The_Doman; 15th Sep 2024 at 14:00.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Wait do you mean you tried geforce 210 on a 2k Monitor via Dvi? Maybe you haven't got such an old Monitor like myself
    Quote Quote