VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I noticed lately the weird glitch in PotPlayer. Sometimes when I exit the full screen mode parts of video stay at lower part of app interface. Usually its when video display some solid background (same color for couple of seconds, etc.). It started on version 240509(1.7.22232) and continues on 240618(1.7.22261).

Example:
    [Attachment 80259 - Click to enlarge]

Anyone else have similar issue?
    Last edited by Osin; 28th Jun 2024 at 01:52.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Osin View Post
    I noticed lately the weird glitch in PotPlayer. Sometimes when I exit the full screen mode parts of video stay at lower part of app interface. Usually its when video display some solid background (same color for couple of seconds, etc.). It started on version 240509(1.7.22232) and continues on 240618(1.7.22261).

Example:
    [Attachment 80259 - Click to enlarge]

Anyone else have similar issue?
    I'm having the exact same issue. I'm using version 240618(1.7.22266). It would happen sometimes when I exit full screen. Did you figure out how to fix it yet?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for reply, I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only one with such issue.

I wasn't really looking for solution, just waiting for the update in hope it will fix itself, but, fun fact, yesteday I noticed that PotPlayer is set to always on top. I don't rember changing it, maybe I just click it buy accident or it set after update or something, I don't know. I set it now to never be always on top, maybe its this, maybe not. Worth a try.

If it will not help I will try to reach to developers. Their email adress is in app (run PotPlayer and press F1).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hmmm, I had it set to stay on top while playing in full screen. I set it to never now.

I think you should still reach out to them if you have time. Otherwise, there won't be a fix if they are not aware of the issue. And I don't think a lot of users know about this issue or just don't care about it. I searched around and you are the only other person with this issue.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It's not related with always on top settings. I send them an email with the details. I will update this post when I get a reply.
    Last edited by Osin; 6th Aug 2024 at 13:26.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    It's not related with always on top settings. I send them an email with the details. I will update this post when I get a reply.
    Yeah, it was still happening when I changed that setting to Never. And yes, please keep me updated if you hear back from them. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Message from devs, highly doubt it will be fix. Hopefully, maybe by some magic in next updates.

[Attachment 81284 - Click to enlarge]

Edit:
    And another message, so yeah, like I said previously.

[Attachment 81285 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Osin; 7th Aug 2024 at 02:48.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Message from devs, highly doubt it will be fix. Hopefully, maybe by some magic in next updates.

[Attachment 81284 - Click to enlarge]

Edit:
    And another message, so yeah, like I said previously.

[Attachment 81285 - Click to enlarge]
    That sucks... But do you think it is possible that it's a GPU issue...? My driver is already up to date.
    Quote Quote  
  9. What card exactly You use, and what drivers version? We will verify if we have the same card.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    What card exactly You use, and what drivers version? We will verify if we have the same card.
    I am using an EVGA 3080 Ti. The driver is version 560.70.
    Quote Quote  
  11. We have different cards and even different drivers so no way it's VGA problem. I'm sending this to devs.
    [Attachment 81320 - Click to enlarge]

Edit:
    Devs anwser, read: don't write anymore cos we don't give a f***.
    [Attachment 81322 - Click to enlarge]

Edit 2:
    I found a kind of workaround for this issue. When You want to exit full-screen mode, first pause the video, then exit.
    Last edited by Osin; 11th Aug 2024 at 02:33.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    [Attachment 81320 - Click to enlarge]

We have different cards and even different drivers so no way it's VGA problem. I'm sending this to devs.

Edit:
    [Attachment 81322 - Click to enlarge]

Devs anwser, read: don't write anymore cos we don't give a f***.

Edit 2:
    I found a kind of workaround for this issue. When You want to exit full-screen mode, first pause the video, then exit.
    LOL! Are you serious with their answer? I would love to see a screenshot of that.

I think it still glitches when the video stops. A lot of times I exit the full screen when the video has ended and stopped. It still glitches.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by looloo86 View Post
    LOL! Are you serious with their answer? I would love to see a screenshot of that.
    I didn't mean it literally, just read between lines. I had some experience with service and customer support, and it's a common policy to just say, "Everything is ok on our end, it's your issue". I kind of understand them, they can't reproduce this error and receive only two reports, but still.

Originally Posted by looloo86 View Post
    I think it still glitches when the video stops. A lot of times I exit the full screen when the video has ended and stopped. It still glitches.
    Then it's even more complex than in my case.
    Quote Quote