VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to deinterlace an old movie made on the MSX called The Flying Luna Clipper. The entire movie is pixelart. It's ripped from a LaserDisc and is interlaced. The problem I'm having is with interpolation. It rounds off the pixelation. I'm most familiar with Yadif and QTGMC is there another deinterlacer or technique I should use? Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a clip.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need to get a proper 704x480 capture first. That video has been resized to 704x528 incorrectly for interlaced video. The two fields cannot be cleanly separated anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You need to get a proper 704x480 capture first. That video has been resized to 704x528 incorrectly for interlaced video. The two fields cannot be cleanly separated anymore.
    I have kept my eye out, it's very rare. I was de-scaling with DeBicubicResizeMT(640, 480) and then de-interlacing.

If I did have a normal SD resolution what would be a good way to address keeping the pixelation? I'm just trying to get a more watchable file even if it's not perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe something like this is what you're looking for:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("The Flying Luna Clipper (1987) - clip.mkv", cache=false, prefer_hw=2) 
    AssumeTFF()
    DebicubicResizeMT(352, 480)
    SeparateFields()
    ConvertToYUY2()
    PointResize(704,480)
    Interleave(SelectEven(), SelectOdd().Crop(0,0,-0,-1).AddBorders(0,1,0,0))
    ConvertToYV12()
    AssumeFrameBased()
    prefetch(8)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Maybe something like this is what you're looking for:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("The Flying Luna Clipper (1987) - clip.mkv", cache=false, prefer_hw=2) 
    AssumeTFF()
    DebicubicResizeMT(352, 480)
    SeparateFields()
    ConvertToYUY2()
    PointResize(704,480)
    Interleave(SelectEven(), SelectOdd().Crop(0,0,-0,-1).AddBorders(0,1,0,0))
    ConvertToYV12()
    AssumeFrameBased()
    prefetch(8)
    That's an interesting idea scaling the width to half. Thank you!
    Quote Quote