VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have this deck, it has Svideo inputs/outputs and when I connect the VCR to it, the video is shown on the front screen. But I would like this to output via DV cable, is that possible? Or would it only output through Svideo?

[Attachment 80271 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 80272 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I made the connections but there was no video signal via Firewire on the receiver, which accepts signals up to 720 x 480
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean by "receiver"? Firewire is normally accepted by a computer through a Firewire port, so the flow would be VCR > S-Video+audio cables > DSR 45A > Firewire cable > Computer.

You may have to adjust the settings in the 45A to set up the passthrough.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    What do you mean by "receiver"? Firewire is normally accepted by a computer through a Firewire port, so the flow would be VCR > S-Video+audio cables > DSR 45A > Firewire cable > Computer.

You may have to adjust the settings in the 45A to set up the passthrough.
    I will try again, I'll do the settings better, but my receiver or capture card it's an DVD recorder ''Philips DVDR 3355'', which accepts i-link input.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think I understand. Are you using the 45A as a passthrough for any reason, because you could just connect your VCR direct to the DVD recorder (via S-Video would be best, if you have it) and record/burn your DVD that way.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I think I understand. Are you using the 45A as a passthrough for any reason, because you could just connect your VCR direct to the DVD recorder (via S-Video would be best, if you have it) and record/burn your DVD that way.

Yes, that's exactly what I do, I use the s-video output directly on the DVDR, I'm using a D-VHS that also has an I-link output, but it never worked, so I just wanted to do a test using the DSR-45A as a pass-through.
    Last edited by Litaiff; 29th Jun 2024 at 08:51.
    Quote Quote