VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    Making amends, I ran some tests today. Where I didn't test usage of duration in "Matroska" as XML will only use start times.
    Matroska XML can handle end-times

Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    I also tried importing mkv, mp4 but also ffmpeg-format into Converter for editing. Do I understand correctly that - for ffmpeg export - the listed time codes can't be edited? Converter's "editing" button does not seem to offer the same options it does provide in "Matroska" mode. There, start times can be adjusted. Maybe I'm overlooking something here.
    No you overlooking nothing. Editing in the Converter is not possible. This would be tooooo much work, for each format. The converter is only for convert from one format into another.

I noticed the testversion forgetting (some) settings. After succesful mp4 import sessions earlier - I was thrown an error because the path to MKVToolNix wasn't remembered anymore.
    Maybe it's related to having both the testversion and latest non-test.
    Strange. I don't know and I have never running in such situation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
    ...I didn't test usage of duration in "Matroska" as XML will only use start times.
    Matroska XML can handle end-times
    You'll understand my first thoughts here went to duration usage for proper ffmpeg export.
    You're right of course. And I did some checks. Importing ffmpeg-format.txt in Matroska indeed show all end times - including the last duration.
    When importing mp4 in Matroska only the start times are shown. A bit surprised here, I might have expected same info as for ffmpeg.txt.
    Quote Quote  
  3. [QUOTE=Ennio;2722297]
    When importing mp4 in Matroska only the start times are shown. A bit surprised here, I might have expected same info as for ffmpeg.txt.

cE doesn't have its own internal mp4 parser, so that was too much effort for me. As nice as the structure of MP4 may be, it can only be used for a few codecs, which I never use myself.
    Therefore MTX is used as a parser and cE processes what MTX delivers.
    But I'm also not sure whether FFmpeg sets the END times itself when you extract the chapters from the mp4 (if I understood that correctly).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But I'm also not sure whether FFmpeg sets the END times itself when you extract the chapters from the mp4 (if I understood that correctly).
    Yes, when extracting chapters from mp4 with FFmpeg, all (start &) end times are in the file, including the very last.

Thanks for the educational conversations and your work, hubble Much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  5. chapterEditor(cE) rev1.43 is available.
    Windows
    Linux

There is a new cE version with several improvements and a few bugs have been fixed.

DGDemux version 1.0.0.73 must now be used for BD2mkv because Rocky has made important improvements.

Code:
    Change chapterEditor

added    &
    fixed    *
    improved #
    changed  %

rev1.43 2024-02-12
    // chapterEditor
    & Support for the FFmpeg MetaData format

// Chapter Converter
    & FFmpeg MetaData as output format
      - Time base adjustable
      - empty time base corresponds to nanoseconds

* FPS calculation now works again for the formats: Celltimes, MeGUI and x264QP

// Disc2mkv
    & Multiple track selection by right-clicking to activate and deactivate the tracks
      - Click on the checkbox -> all tracks
      - Click on the track type -> all tracks of the same type
      - Click on the language -> all tracks of the same language

// BD2mkv
    & Support for specially structured mpls files
      - removing duplicate m2ts files is not allowed
      - for a Multi-Edition MKV this mpls must not be the first

* Multi-Edition MKV mode: external tracks are now correctly included in the .mtxcfg file again

# Multi-Edition MKV mode: better detection of whether mpls files can be merged into a Multi-Edition MKV

% Support for DGDemux 1.0.0.73 (settings)
      - the switch "-sp" was replaced by "-ignorepl"
      - the "-ch" switch has been removed

// Matroska Menu (Medium-Linking)
    * Source is a folder: all previously loaded files are now correctly removed
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by hubblec4; 1st May 2024 at 20:31.
    Quote Quote  
  6. chapterEditor(cE) rev1.44 is available.
    Windows
    Linux

Code:
    Change chapterEditor

added    &
    fixed    *
    improved #
    changed  %

rev1.44 2024-05-30

// chapterEditor
    & GUI language: Simplified Chinese

* the scroll bar width is now determined for each OS and no unnecessary horizontal scroll bar is created anymore

// Chapter editors
    & Automatic chapter names when loading simple chapter formats (settings)

// Matroska Chapters
    & Delete zero-second chapters
      - applies to all editions and all tabs

# Check for duplicate UIDs (editions and chapters)
      - a duplicate UID is automatically replaced by a new one

// Disc2mkv
    & MKVToolNix --timestampe-scale option for the magic value -1 (settings)
      - gray status of the checkbox only means for Multi-Edition MKV mode

// BD2mkv
    & Chapter check for a Multi-Edition MKV
      - list all jumps in the MKV for each edition from the second
      - change chapter times: individually, all chapters of an edition, all chapters
      - the time change is always a video frame duration
      - automatic playback of the MKV file when changes are checked
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. After a few year hiatus, I'm finally going through making multi-edition MKVs from some movies, and after doing a couple, I've run into a problem. The worst part is, I only happened to catch it by pure chance, and I have no idea if it's an isolated incident or if there are other issues in the same movie or even in the others I've done so far.

In the movie I'm currently working on, at one point a few minutes in on the second edition, it cuts the scene off abruptly and quickly and jarringly jumps to the next scene. Playing the .mpls for that edition it plays fine, so it's definitely an issue with how cE is doing things. It's also strange because there are no chapters that start/end at that point in either edition, so I'm really clueless on what the issue could be. I also did a version with the second edition (the one with the issue) first and it was fine, so the problem appears to lie in how cE is configuring it when it's the second edition. I don't know if there are issues with the other edition in that file (the first one in the initial file, now second edition), nor do I know if even the first editions are error-free, since like I said, I only just happened to catch this. Are there log or other files I can provide to help you look into it to try and find the problem?

Also, it would be helpful if cE allowed switching the editions around without having to completely cancel everything out and start over from scratch, losing all the track configurations. It would also be helpful if it could save project files to allow loading everything back the way it's configured at a later point. For example, if you're able to fix this issue so I can go back and redo this movie (and others), I'm going to have to rename all the tracks, not to mention remember any other configurations I did, and for some movies that can get pretty extensive.

Finally, why does it allow setting a default subtitle track but not a default audio track? And there should be a commentary flag for audio and subtitle tracks. I always have to remux the output file in order to make these changes, so it would be nice to be able to do them from the start.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by vertigo220 View Post
    After a few year hiatus, I'm finally going through making multi-edition MKVs from some movies, and after doing a couple, I've run into a problem. The worst part is, I only happened to catch it by pure chance, and I have no idea if it's an isolated incident or if there are other issues in the same movie or even in the others I've done so far.

In the movie I'm currently working on, at one point a few minutes in on the second edition, it cuts the scene off abruptly and quickly and jarringly jumps to the next scene. Playing the .mpls for that edition it plays fine, so it's definitely an issue with how cE is doing things. It's also strange because there are no chapters that start/end at that point in either edition, so I'm really clueless on what the issue could be. I also did a version with the second edition (the one with the issue) first and it was fine, so the problem appears to lie in how cE is configuring it when it's the second edition. I don't know if there are issues with the other edition in that file (the first one in the initial file, now second edition), nor do I know if even the first editions are error-free, since like I said, I only just happened to catch this. Are there log or other files I can provide to help you look into it to try and find the problem?
    Before I can say anything, I need the disc (structure) to check whats going on.
    Please use my DiscShare tool to create a disc chunk. When possible use the restore option.

Originally Posted by vertigo220 View Post
    Also, it would be helpful if cE allowed switching the editions around without having to completely cancel everything out and start over from scratch, losing all the track configurations.
    This is not so easy(maybe not possible), because the order of the m2ts files is different and you have to demux the audio streams again.

It would also be helpful if it could save project files to allow loading everything back the way it's configured at a later point. For example, if you're able to fix this issue so I can go back and redo this movie (and others), I'm going to have to rename all the tracks, not to mention remember any other configurations I did, and for some movies that can get pretty extensive.
    Yes I understand you, but this could be a much work, and I have not much time currently.
    cE create a *.mtxcfg file where all the settings are included you made in cE. In MKVToolNix(MTX) you can make other settings and save it as new *.mtxcfg file.

Finally, why does it allow setting a default subtitle track but not a default audio track? And there should be a commentary flag for audio and subtitle tracks. I always have to remux the output file in order to make these changes, so it would be nice to be able to do them from the start.
    Yeah, I know, but all this extra settings you can made it in MTX before you mux the MKV.
    In cE settings you can set that cE don't mux the MKV. You have to do this manually: starting MTX and load the *.mtxcfg file.
    Now you can make other settings which are not provided in cE.
    You don't need to remux the MKV, there is a header editor in MTX where you can change all the header settings there without remuxing the file.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
    Before I can say anything, I need the disc (structure) to check whats going on.
    Please use my DiscShare tool to create a disc chunk. When possible use the restore option.
    So just use the -r option, or should I use -F and/or -f as well?

Also, it would be helpful if cE allowed switching the editions around without having to completely cancel everything out and start over from scratch, losing all the track configurations.
    This is not so easy(maybe not possible), because the order of the m2ts files is different and you have to demux the audio streams again.
    Couldn't it just capture all the entered info, i.e. file name and title, edition names, track names and options and which tracks they're associated with, etc, then automatically do the steps in the background (cancel, start, mpls selection and ordering, reconfiguring everything with the saved info)? Granted, that might be more work than it's worth, which I understand, and I would certainly prefer you spend your time on more core functionality and fixing bugs, but just a thought.

Yes I understand you, but this could be a much work, and I have not much time currently.
    cE create a *.mtxcfg file where all the settings are included you made in cE. In MKVToolNix(MTX) you can make other settings and save it as new *.mtxcfg file.
    Yeah, I know, but all this extra settings you can made it in MTX before you mux the MKV.
    In cE settings you can set that cE don't mux the MKV. You have to do this manually: starting MTX and load the *.mtxcfg file.
    Now you can make other settings which are not provided in cE.
    You don't need to remux the MKV, there is a header editor in MTX where you can change all the header settings there without remuxing the file.
    True. When doing this stuff, I prefer to just make the changes in MTX's main screen and remux, even though it's slower overall, because it's faster for me, so even though the whole process is taking longer, I'm spending less time on it myself, as it's much faster and easier to just select multiple tracks and change one or two dropdowns than to dig through the tree structure of the header editor. Perhaps I'll try muxing manually by importing the .mtxcfg file, seems like perhaps the best solution. I just like being able to do everything in as few steps as possible, so I can just start it and when it's done, it's done, rather than needing me to move it on to the next step. But again, I do also understand you have to prioritize.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi

For creating the disc chunk use the "-f" switch (full disc structure) and select the both mpls entries in the left list and set the "-r" switch.
    Depend on how many m2ts file are used for the movie so big will be the disc chunk. If the chunk of the disc to big, you can reduce the split-size a bit.

The restore option gives me the possibility for restoring the m2ts files(in length) on my side.
    Is the disc a normal Blu-rayx or an UHD Blu-ray?

Couldn't it just capture all the entered info, i.e. file name and title, edition names, track names...
    I understand you, and I had also this idea, but it is really much work.
    But you can save some settings you had made: Disc Title Profiles
    All track info can be saved and reused.

Perhaps I'll try muxing manually by importing the .mtxcfg file...
    At the time, I only wanted to use the most necessary track options, since everything else is already available in MTX.
    Of course it would be nice to have everything in one tool, but that wasn't the main concern and so the whole thing didn't have such a high priority.
    And at the time, the "commentary flag" switch didn't exist yet.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
    Hi

For creating the disc chunk use the "-f" switch (full disc structure) and select the both mpls entries in the left list and set the "-r" switch.
    Depend on how many m2ts file are used for the movie so big will be the disc chunk. If the chunk of the disc to big, you can reduce the split-size a bit.

The restore option gives me the possibility for restoring the m2ts files(in length) on my side.
    Is the disc a normal Blu-rayx or an UHD Blu-ray?
    Normal. PM'd you the link.

At the time, I only wanted to use the most necessary track options, since everything else is already available in MTX.
    Of course it would be nice to have everything in one tool, but that wasn't the main concern and so the whole thing didn't have such a high priority.
    And at the time, the "commentary flag" switch didn't exist yet.
    Understandable. While certain things could be easier, they're minor and ultimately I'm just happy to have such a tool and appreciate that it exists at all.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi

Download is running.

One question about the usage of BD2mkv Multi-Edition-MKV mode.
    Currently it is necessary to demux the Audio streams which you want to preserve in the mkv file.
    Best (and the default) tool is DGDemux.
    Select the audio track and use the demux-Button. The new created demuxed audio file is loaded automatically.

Check the finial mkv, if there are issues at the transitions, you can use the new feature "Chapter check" to adjust the timings.

I will report more when the DL is finished.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I meant to ask about that. I noticed DGDemux is selected in the Disc2mkv -> BD2mkv "Tracks editing program" dropdown, though I don't have it on my computer (never heard of it before seeing it there and in the external programs settings, which it's blank there, too). So I'm not sure if that's even actually working, or if maybe it's making something not work like it should, but I would expect cE to warn that it can't find the program if it's actually trying to use it. I was also curious what the difference is (for this use) between that and eac3to and tsMuxeR, both of which I do have.

Hi

One question about the usage of BD2mkv Multi-Edition-MKV mode.
    Currently it is necessary to demux the Audio streams which you want to preserve in the mkv file.
    Best (and the default) tool is DGDemux.
    Select the audio track and use the demux-Button. The new created demuxed audio file is loaded automatically.
    I'm confused by this. Are you saying at some point in the process we need to be loading the files into a separate program (DGDemux) and demuxing the audio stream(s)? And then doing what with them? I just assumed cE was handling all of that, and AFAICT the audio streams have always been copied/muxed into the final mkv properly. I'm not sure what exactly you're saying to do here, when, and why. Can you please clarify?

And BTW, that link you provided is for a different program, DGDecNV.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi

First, the Link's will be generated automatically by videohelp, sorry.
    Here is the correct Link to DGDemux.

The entire story why you have to demux the audio streams is very looong.
    Of course, cE handles everything internally.All what you have to do is:
    1. Set the correct path in the settings of cE to the external programs (cE warns the user if a used program not found)
    2. when the streams can be edited, select the audio track and demux it. there is a Button: "Extract track(s)"
    3. Now is there a new track in the list for each extracted audio
    4. Mux the MKV

TsMuxeR was the only tool which runs on Linux.
    eac3to was the only tool which is able to remove Audio overlaps
    But DGDemux is now the new best tool and runs also on Linux.
    Last edited by hubblec4; 25th Jun 2024 at 09:14.
    Quote Quote